PPIs & antacids

I know its weird but it works for me. Once in the morning Once at night and if I do something more spicy or tomato based then I add a pepcid chewable but that is rare! and Saves Moolah Too, I hope you give it a try.

I am trying to wean myself off the PPI's. They inhibit the proton pumps in your bones as well as the ones in your stomach. I have heard good reports on the vinegar. I have some organic with the 'mother' in it coming tomorrow in my produce basket. :) (Also, I have heard that you can add honey to help it go down easier.)

I was going to ask about taste. :sick:

I'd love to wean myself off but I want to at least cut down to one a day. going to mean less coffee :coffee: :unsure:

I sometimes do shots of apple cider vinegar when trying to give my immune system a boost. I used to get sick allllll the time, but haven't had more than the sniffles since surgery. You should use one with a mother for medicinal purposes, and DEFINITELY have honey on hand as a chaser. I gag from the taste and burn if I don't hold my nose and then swish at least a half teaspoon of honey around!

ok, that's not encouraging. I do have The Mother (!?!) but I don't want any burning or gagging...can't I just mix honey in with it? or something?

Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar...it has the "mother" of the apple: The ‘mother’ is made up of strand-like enzymes of connected protein molecules with living nutrients and bacteria,

I never measured, but would do about a tablespoon diluted with maybe 2 more of water, hold my nose, shoot it and immediately swish the honey around. It was fine for me that way, but not without the honey! Let's just say it burns more coming up that going down o_O:whistling:

I take Prilosec every day and have since about 2 weeks post op. If I forget I pay for it dearly. I am going to try the vinegar.

let us know what you think - I want to try it but have 20 million things on my to do list and cutting back on things to do is one of them! :eek: < I really like this one

I am only 2 months post-op and right now trying to stay on top of my vitamins has been a chore. I got labs done, and my doctor's nurse called me 2 days after to tell me I am low on Vit D, Potassium, Iron, and need to add a b-complex....yet my b-12 is high. I ordered Biotech D-50, the Vitron-C from Amazon.....waiting for it.

Latest posts

Back