Post Fortero Option Prolia looking for feedback

N00DLE

Greetings All,

Thank you in advance for anyone that can give me some advice. A little bit about me I had a DS eights years ago and did very well lost over 100 lbs with no major issues except about 5 months after surgery I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia. So after my cancer detour and miraculous healing which I am very grateful for.

About 2 years after my cancer treatment I discovered I had severe osteoporosis at 50 years old suffering a severe wrist fracture from a very simple fall
My T score in my spine and my femur or as in the negative threes and fours. I was placed on Fortero injections daily for 2 years which I managed with little to no side effects.

Now that I'm done with those injections I have gone from severe osteoporosis in my spine to normal and gained inch in height back. My femur improved a little but not tons. My Endo wants me to take Prolia however I have heard horror stories about the side effects. Having endured acute myeloid leukaemia and all that goes with that I am not one who scares easy; however, I'm looking for feedback for any that have had the injectable. And to see how they were affected and if it improved your dexi score. Again thanks for the feedback
blessings Julie.

I can't address anything about osteoporosis treatment and leukemia. However, I have used Boniva, Forteo, and Prolia. I don't remember the exact numbers for my dexa scan. What I do know is that my scores improved significantly with the Prolia. This is timely as my next treatment is in October. (Thanks for this. I'll schedule my dexa in time for my appointment with my endo.) I had no adverse reactions of effects with any on my treatments except for mild reactions at the injection site when using Forteo. Any irritation was gone the next day. There was no pain, just a bit of redness.

I understand your fears as I had them myself. I'll never get my lost inches back, but I'm thrilled with my bone improvement. Treating osteoporosis with these drugs is not unlike the research that is needed to decide which WLS to get. I'm satisfied with my DS and improved bones.

There are a few of us here who have sought treatment. I'm sure they'll chime in shortly. Best wishes.

I can't address anything about osteoporosis treatment and leukemia. However, I have used Boniva, Forteo, and Prolia. I don't remember the exact numbers for my dexa scan. What I do know is that my scores improved significantly with the Prolia. This is timely as my next treatment is in October. (Thanks for this. I'll schedule my dexa in time for my appointment with my endo.) I had no adverse reactions of effects with any on my treatments except for mild reactions at the injection site when using Forteo. Any irritation was gone the next day. There was no pain, just a bit of redness.

I understand your fears as I had them myself. I'll never get my lost inches back, but I'm thrilled with my bone improvement. Treating osteoporosis with these drugs is not unlike the research that is needed to decide which WLS to get. I'm satisfied with my DS and improved bones.

There are a few of us here who have sought treatment. I'm sure they'll chime in shortly. Best wishes.
Thank you so much for the help. How long have you been on Prolia?

Thank you so much for the help. How long have you been on Prolia?
At least two years. I don't know for sure. You'd never guess I have BS in Health Information Management. Let me review what I've kept in my computer files. I'm sure I've posted my experience here. I suggest using the search. part of Bariatric facts. Use "osteoporosis" and "Prolia". I can post more tomorrow. I' getting sleepy and I have been known to make many mistakes when I'm this tired. I'll look at my files tomorrow for specifics.

Latest posts

Back