Oh, Yeah, I Had a NSV Recently

k9ophile

I recently flew for the first time since my WLS. We splurged for first-class so leg room and spillage onto the neighboring seat wasn't a concern. Yesterday after quickly exiting the public bathroom stall from hell, I was thinking that it was worse than an airplane toilet. Then I remembered I used the bathroom on the plane. Yes, it was less than ideal sanitary wise, but I actually fit into that ridiculous space.

Please feel free to resume your day, which is probably more exciting than reading about airplane toilets

CONGRATULATIONS. I'm so happy for you. I never traveled by public means of transportation when I was 352 pounds. I have heard the horror stories.:clapping::bacondance::banana:
Those stories are not pretty. I don't think I was flying at my heaviest, yet even at the "lower" obese weight it was: sad and demeaning. Most of the time it was the expressions on faces, but one time a man was upset that my butt kept pushing the arm rest up. He kept asking if I was sure I couldn't put it down. as if once wasn't enough.

So how are you doing? Getting stronger every day, I hope & pray.

CONGRATULATIONS. I'm so happy for you. I never traveled by public means of transportation when I was 352 pounds. I have heard the horror stories.:clapping::bacondance::banana:

At almost that exact weight, I used to have travel by plane twice a week for work (out on Sun/Mon back home Thurs eve). It was a nightmare.

I recently flew for the first time since my WLS. We splurged for first-class so leg room and spillage onto the neighboring seat wasn't a concern. Yesterday after quickly exiting the public bathroom stall from hell, I was thinking that it was worse than an airplane toilet. Then I remembered I used the bathroom on the plane. Yes, it was less than ideal sanitary wise, but I actually fit into that ridiculous space.

Please feel free to resume your day, which is probably more exciting than reading about airplane toilets

Great NSV, despite the space involved! I still avoid airplane toilets and will "hold it" to the point my legs are crossed and shaking, unless absolutely defeated by it being an international / long haul flight. I'm almost always last or nearly last to board because as soon as Group 1 is called, I race to the nearest ladies room for a final trip! I hate waiting in line to board anyway, always check my luggage, and always book an aisle seat so it works out well for me to be last.

really happy for your NSV! :)

and I WISH my day was more exciting than reading about airline toilets. :confused:

It was also the first time I'd flown since the increased security. I've heard so many TSA horror stories that I was a bit nervous. I flew every week in 1997 to the end of 1999. I didn't like it, yet as a consultant it was required. Perhaps my nerves drove my bladder into overdrive as I did make sure I went to the ladies room shortly before boarding was called. I'm pretty sure I came off to the TSA agents exactly what I was, an older person with a somewhat dazed and confused demeanor. After the first trip to Denver, the second trip to Chicago wasn't as intimidating. I also learned to wear slip-on shoes. I didn't realize that everyone had to take off their shoes, only the shady looking ones.

Only in America...elsewhere, you can keep them on so long as they're not boots, ping from the metal, or are made of leather (weird Dubai rule there).
There's a rule that people over age 75 don't have to remove their shoes. Hubby was told at the beginning of the line that he didn't have to remove his shoes, yet when he got to the belts, he had to. He was smarter than me in that he wore slip-ons for the first trip. I wised up for the second.

My problem is once I remove the suspenders.. my pants now fall down

That's one of them good problems

I switched to boxers, I'm the guy with little airplanes or stripes on his undies.. the speedo type ones would be aesthetically unthinkable

I didn't know that - it's a good thing
Only if everyone checking you in knows how old you are. Entry into the area was one agent, then the actual screening was another. DH just took off his shoes without arguing that the first agent said he didn't have to. He's probably still be in TSA holding if he argued. I had a protein drink I meant to consume in the car. Got to screening and was given the choice of drinking it or tossing it. Tossed it.

Only if everyone checking you in knows how old you are. Entry into the area was one agent, then the actual screening was another. DH just took off his shoes without arguing that the first agent said he didn't have to. He's probably still be in TSA holding if he argued. I had a protein drink I meant to consume in the car. Got to screening and was given the choice of drinking it or tossing it. Tossed it.
Ack! I was hoping to take a protein shake on my next trip!

Latest posts

Back