Non-WLS Surgery

P.S. Was your hernia repaired?
Yes! Sorry, I forgot to mention that. They repaired the hernia and stitched my belly-button securely back in place, so it looks almost normal now, which I'm very happy with. And somebody very kindly stitched me up, instead of stapling my incision closed, and did a really neat job, so the laparotomy scar looks 100% better than before. So, that was a nice, unexpected positive that came from the surgery :).

Hope it goes well I just had a total hysterectomy on the 10th. Becareful with your blood work you will have dr creating other problems because a result affected by Ds. I was cut open I at a week out had no stomach discomfort but other issues. They didn't check mines when in or. It was sent somewhere and the cut it open to diagnosis. If they were gonna cut me for any part id take it all out. IJS if u want no more children

Hope it goes well I just had a total hysterectomy on the 10th. Becareful with your blood work you will have dr creating other problems because a result affected by Ds. I was cut open I at a week out had no stomach discomfort but other issues. They didn't check mines when in or. It was sent somewhere and the cut it open to diagnosis. If they were gonna cut me for any part id take it all out. IJS if u want no more children

Thanks Charris. It can be hard to know what might be related to the DS (and/or rapid weight loss). I will be posting a question about that shortly, actually.

Re having everything out: definitely no more babies for me, sadly. I love babies, but will have to just wait for grandchildren now, as my health isn't up to having more. Probably couldn't if I tried, anyway, given my age, but tbh (yes, I know people will think this is crazy) if I was physically fit and my marriage was as healthy as it should be, I would be happy to have more until I couldn't anymore, lol. That said, I'm probably only a few years off menopause anyway. I just didn't feel up to dealing with premature menopause on top of everything in my life at the moment. I'm already struggling to keep my moods stable. Has the hysterectomy affected you a lot?

That said, I'm probably only a few years off menopause anyway. I just didn't feel up to dealing with premature menopause on top of everything in my life at the moment. I'm already struggling to keep my moods stable. Has the hysterectomy affected you a lot?

I took the estradiol tablets for a couple of years after my hysterectomy, I could never tell I even had the hysterectomy other than I no longer had a terrible couple of weeks every month! I loved the fact that my hormones now came from a bottle, no swings and no hot flashes either! After a couple of years, I thought I could manage without the pills. I have no trouble with mood swings but the hot flashes are frequent and a little miserable. I am just too stubborn to go back on the hormone replacement. I had my hysterectomy 6 years ago. I hope you do as well as I have, it has been no big deal, really. If you want the hormone replacement, then take it. You will be fine!

Thanks Charris. It can be hard to know what might be related to the DS (and/or rapid weight loss). I will be posting a question about that shortly, actually.

Re having everything out: definitely no more babies for me, sadly. I love babies, but will have to just wait for grandchildren now, as my health isn't up to having more. Probably couldn't if I tried, anyway, given my age, but tbh (yes, I know people will think this is crazy) if I was physically fit and my marriage was as healthy as it should be, I would be happy to have more until I couldn't anymore, lol. That said, I'm probably only a few years off menopause anyway. I just didn't feel up to dealing with premature menopause on top of everything in my life at the moment. I'm already struggling to keep my moods stable. Has the hysterectomy affected you a lot?

YES, it has. Im not bleeding 3 or 4 days out of every week . Im no longer not able to function the first day of each period. Ive only had surgery 3 weeks ago. But I no its a good thing its gone FOREVER. I BLED like that for 15 Years. I have a grand baby snd when grows up ti not want to hang with granny ill get a fish or sonething! I think its a sin for me being a mother to have babies with their children. Last year 14 blood transfusions . Yea this hysterectomy has changed my life.

Latest posts

Back