Need advice on vitamin D

nedsmehlp

I got my vitamin D test result today. It is 109. My PCP said to go down to 5,000 iu of vitamin D per day. Does this sound right? I'm afraid I don't trust her judgement anymore since she thinks I'm paranoid about my vitamin intake. She also told me to take 300 FORTE poly/iron per day since my Ferritin is 7, total iron bind capacity is 467, % iron saturation is 9, and iron is 40. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

I got my vitamin D test result today. It is 109. My PCP said to go down to 5,000 iu of vitamin D per day. Does this sound right? I'm afraid I don't trust her judgement anymore since she thinks I'm paranoid about my vitamin intake. She also told me to take 300 FORTE poly/iron per day since my Ferritin is 7, total iron bind capacity is 467, % iron saturation is 9, and iron is 40. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Get a hematologist referral yesterday. You need infusions ASAP.
As for the D, I would ignore her. My last one was 120. I’m not changing mine. The real key is what was your PTH?
Also read this: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitamin-d-webinar-by-dr-keshishian.5845/
In 2007, lab range for D was 15 - 50
In 2009, lab range for D was 25 - 85
By 2011, lab range for D is 30-100.

If the medical community can’t make up their mind what the range needs to be, is it any wonder the rest of us are confused?

What are your liver numbers?
I was taking 500,000 IUs of D3/day (10 50K/week) and my D was 100 and my LFTs were quite elevated. I cut back to 5 50K caps per week and it's in the 80s and my LFTs are much better.

What the liver test be called? The only test I see associated with the liver is ALK Phosphatase which is 162.

Latest posts

Back