My surgery is happening on 12/10/15!

mike727

Had DS on 12/10/15
Hey Guys/Gals!

Just wanted to give the official update that my surgery is happening on Thursday 12/10/15. I'll be having the surgery with Dr. Smith in Celebration, FL.

I'm very excited that everything came together so quickly. From "first visit" to surgery date was less than 90 days I believe. Would have to look back and count.

I don't think I would have went for the DS option without you guys explaining it and showing me how life can be after.. so thanks for your wise words.

I am nervous about the first few months after surgery: staying hydrated, more liquid diet, pureed foods, etc. But I know it will pass and things will get easier over time.

I've been on the liquid diet for 16 days so far... and will be on it for 5 more days before surgery. This hasn't been the toughest part yet lol. I was put on 3 weeks of the liquid diet because my high BMI and also because I had a previous surgery (abdominoplasty) that makes it harder to move around once they are in there.

I'm down nearly 30 pounds so far lol.

Ok, I'll be on here again asking questions as they come up. Hope you guys don't mind!

Thanks I am definitely excited to done with the liquid diet. Probably 2 weeks left of it haha. This week and the week after surgery.

Oh and one more interesting thing - my birthday is 12/11, so I'll be in the hospital that day. But I kind of like that. It's like I'll
always think of my "new birthday" as a healthy person.

I'm glad I didn't have a pre-op diet. My surgeon typically does one but my BMI was so close to the bottom cutoff, I skipped that part (even with previous abdominal surgeries).

Just wanted to give the official update that my surgery is happening on Thursday 12/10/15. I'll be having the surgery with Dr. Smith in Celebration, FL.
Want it on the calendar?

Even though the liquid phase sucks, you will hardly even remember it after a short while. The first few months after surgery are going to suck, too! Your job is to just motor through with sip, walk rest, repeat. It gets so much better!!

Man, great news on your decision to get the DS and getting in so quickly.

BTW, I think that liquid diet is insane. I did 5 days and that was more than enough. Make sure you are drinking protein drinks to keep your stores up...you will need it....that is why I think a liquid diet for that long is a bad idea, but it is what it is so try to get the protein drinks and do the best you can

Thanks I am definitely excited to done with the liquid diet. Probably 2 weeks left of it haha. This week and the week after surgery.

Oh and one more interesting thing - my birthday is 12/11, so I'll be in the hospital that day. But I kind of like that. It's like I'll
always think of my "new birthday" as a healthy person.
Best of luck to you! You're going in with a great attitude and I'm sure you'll do fine. And early Happy Birthday!

Two guys having their Ds the same day - what were the odds?

Best wishes to you both for safe and successful surgeries.

Latest posts

Back