My Lab Report

GirlFriday

Enjoying the journey
I finally got my lab results. I know I need to improve my D numbers and my calcium.
Anyone care to look and see what else I need to do?

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Lab Spreadsheet Erin 9.29.15.pdf
    35.7 KB · Views: 5
You already know about your vitamin D being too low and your PTH being too high. Up your calcium along with your D3. Your iron is in range but, just.
Are you taking it on an empty stomach with vitamin C, separate from other vitamins?
How far post-op are you? Those triglycerides should drop. Mine were high pre-op now, they are fantastic.
The low BUN and creatinine levels are not surprising for a new post-op. It could be related to not drinking enough water. Flush those kidneys.

You already know about your vitamin D being too low and your PTH being too high. Up your calcium along with your D3. Your iron is in range but, just.
Are you taking it on an empty stomach with vitamin C, separate from other vitamins?
How far post-op are you? Those triglycerides should drop. Mine were high pre-op now, they are fantastic.
The low BUN and creatinine levels are not surprising for a new post-op. It could be related to not drinking enough water. Flush those kidneys.

I am not taking my iron like you described. Should I start doing that?

I know my triglycerides are high. They were in the 400's pre-op so I am moving in the right direction. I am currently getting 80 ounces of water in, but I will add more right away.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate your taking the time to help me out. I appreciate it more than you will know.

I am not taking my iron like you described. Should I start doing that?

I know my triglycerides are high. They were in the 400's pre-op so I am moving in the right direction. I am currently getting 80 ounces of water in, but I will add more right away.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate your taking the time to help me out. I appreciate it more than you will know.

Read the label on your iron supplement. A few of them are okay to take with food. I take Sundown Naturals perfect iron and it says I need to take it on an empty stomach. Vitamin C helps iron to be absorbed. I take mine on an empty stomach just before bed. I take my thyroid medicine about 6 hours later when I get up for a potty run or when I wake for the day. Iron and thyroid meds should be separated by about 6 hours, according to some but, just a couple hours by others. I have to wait at least a half and hour before eating or having caffeine with the thyroid medicine. I also have to take my probiotic on an empty stomach. I take it first thing when I come downstairs in the morning and wait a half hour before eating or drinking anything but water. Whew, so much stuff has to be taken on an empty stomach!

Latest posts

Back