My 1 Year Surgiversary and Update:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....Thank you "Dr. Cox" (remember that ;)), for that rather astute and informed and scientific explanation..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I never really thought about it too much, but, that's exactly what happened...right again as usual:D.
Inappropriate sharing about to happen - good thing Charles doesn't read here ...

Despite being severely underweight until his 30s (6'2", 125-135 lbs, he has told me), due in no small part to his HUGE full sugar Coke (and cheeseburger) habit (3-5 Big Gulps-worth a day), by the time I met him when he was 46, he was up over 230 lbs; a few years later (probably not surprisingly, during the same time period I put on 50+ lbs immediately after we met, and became MO), he was up to at least 255. Right around the time I had my DS in 2003, Coke Zero came out, and I got him to try it. To his surprise, he found it tolerable (he couldn't STAND Diet Coke). (Somewhat annoyingly) in about the same time it took me to lose my first 35 lbs with my DS, he MOSTLY substituted Coke Zero for regular Coke and lost 30 lbs.

Everywhere else on his body, besides a remaining basketball-sized mound of intraabdominal fat, he was lean as could be - except, he had a rather significant FUPA, which really really bothered him. But he also had an umbilical hernia which was getting bigger and bigger, and was hurting - a headbutt from the cat and he would double over. And he also had two inguinal hernias. So eventually I got him back to the general surgeon who had repaired his inguinal hernia before (it re-tore, and the mesh in the first repair has always bothered him), and asked her whether it made sense to seek an abdominoplasty to tighten his abdominal muscles INSTEAD of using mesh to repair the umbilical hernia - he has and apparently even as a kid always had very lax abdominal muscles (like post-partum women and morbidly obese people get), due to separation/wideness of the linea alba (i.e., he has congenital diastasis recti) - his big belly was not just fat, but also the laxity of the musculature. She thought it might be possible, though she was dubious about getting it covered by insurance.

Did you say INSURANCE!?! Let me at 'em!

So we got Charles to a plastic surgeon, and he agreed to scrub in to the umbilical hernia and inguinal hernia repairs. And I wrote out what I wanted the two surgeons to write (as guidelines - I'm sure they tailored what they submitted to what THEY thought was appropriate), and we submitted. Keep in mind, this was with VA BCBS, and not under the more consumer friendly CA rules. While preparing for the procedure, Charles deliberately lost another 30 lbs or so - he was at around 185 by the time he had surgery - to ease the pressure on his belly (and of course for his health). And he quit smoking.

And although they took their sweet time, and I had to make a call to the person reviewing the request for precertification myself 2 days before the procedure, it was approved!

So here is the interesting part. Abdominoplasty is a single CPT code that covers THREE procedures - (1) repair of the diastasis recti (which is really all we were seeking), (2) lipectomy (removal of excess fat); and (3) excision of excess skin. So the procedure went something like this:
  • General surgeon laparoscopically fixed the torn old hernia (from the backside of the lower abdominal wall)
  • Plastic surgeon opened up a lower abdominal incision from hip to hip, just above the pubes, and undermined the skin above and below
  • General surgeon fixed the new inguinal hernia on the other side from under the skin
  • General surgeon removed his umbilicus and closed the hole in the abdominal wall
  • Plastic surgeon did the diastasis repair (gave him an internal corset)
  • Plastic surgeon cut away some of the excess skin and fat on both sides of the incision, giving him a FUPA lift in the process (!!)
  • Plastic surgeon closed.
So he got his hernias fixed and got a little "enhancement" as a bonus as well.

Inappropriate sharing about to happen - good thing Charles doesn't read here ...

Despite being severely underweight until his 30s (6'2", 125-135 lbs, he has told me), due in no small part to his HUGE full sugar Coke (and cheeseburger) habit (3-5 Big Gulps-worth a day), by the time I met him when he was 46, he was up over 230 lbs; a few years later (probably not surprisingly, during the same time period I put on 50+ lbs immediately after we met, and became MO), he was up to at least 255. Right around the time I had my DS in 2003, Coke Zero came out, and I got him to try it. To his surprise, he found it tolerable (he couldn't STAND Diet Coke). (Somewhat annoyingly) in about the same time it took me to lose my first 35 lbs with my DS, he MOSTLY substituted Coke Zero for regular Coke and lost 30 lbs.

Everywhere else on his body, besides a remaining basketball-sized mound of intraabdominal fat, he was lean as could be - except, he had a rather significant FUPA, which really really bothered him. But he also had an umbilical hernia which was getting bigger and bigger, and was hurting - a headbutt from the cat and he would double over. And he also had two inguinal hernias. So eventually I got him back to the general surgeon who had repaired his inguinal hernia before (it re-tore, and the mesh in the first repair has always bothered him), and asked her whether it made sense to seek an abdominoplasty to tighten his abdominal muscles INSTEAD of using mesh to repair the umbilical hernia - he has and apparently even as a kid always had very lax abdominal muscles (like post-partum women and morbidly obese people get), due to separation/wideness of the linea alba (i.e., he has congenital diastasis recti) - his big belly was not just fat, but also the laxity of the musculature. She thought it might be possible, though she was dubious about getting it covered by insurance.

So we got Charles to a plastic surgeon, and he agreed to scrub in to the umbilical hernia and inguinal hernia repairs. And I wrote out what I wanted the two surgeons to write (as guidelines - I'm sure they tailored what they submitted to what THEY thought was appropriate), and we submitted. Keep in mind, this was with VA BCBS, and not under the more consumer friendly CA rules. While preparing for the procedure, Charles deliberately lost another 30 lbs or so - he was at around 185 by the time he had surgery - to ease the pressure on his belly (and of course for his health). And he quit smoking.

And although they took their sweet time, and I had to make a call to the person reviewing the request for precertification myself 2 days before the procedure, it was approved!

So here is the interesting part. Abdominoplasty is a single CPT code that covers THREE procedures - (1) repair of the diastasis recti (which is really all we were seeking), (2) lipectomy (removal of excess fat); and (3) excision of excess skin. So the procedure went something like this:
  • General surgeon laparoscopically fixed the torn old hernia (from the backside of the lower abdominal wall)
  • Plastic surgeon opened up a lower abdominal incision from hip to hip, just above the pubes, and undermined the skin above and below
  • General surgeon fixed the new inguinal hernia on the other side from under the skin
  • General surgeon removed his umbilicus and closed the hole in the abdominal wall
  • Plastic surgeon cut away some of the excess skin and fat on both sides of the incision, giving him a FUPA lift in the process (!!)
Nice. I still think I have an umbilical hernia and possibly an intestinal hernia, because my umbilical cavity is sore at times (not painful but sore). Dr K repaired that minor hernia when doing my revision, at least he said he was going to although the report doesn't really say that he did repair it (doesn't say he didn't either just doesn't detail it), and the hand assisted lap incision ends right at the bottom of my belly button hole. I get that minor pain there and along the incision line (I can still feel the stitches in there...who knows when those will finally dissolve) and I also get more severe pain and bloating/distention at the area to the right side of my belly button. That is why I think I still have an intestinal hernia that pops in and out.

I have often thought if I ever need those repaired again at working an angle for insurance to cover puling up the excess skin in the FUPA area and the hip to hip line you described as I have loose skin there. Not sure if that could be worked into that surgery or not?

Regardless and hope not sharing too much, but I still had significant pick up in clearance from before so Johnny looks much longer. :D I never realized how much fat I had in the pubic region but it was the last place I lost and the loss was significant. It feels like there is some meat still there but I think it is 90% excess skin.

Just be glad you didn't end up with this. I wonder if insurance would cover this one?

Met a male DSer once who had lost about 400lbs. Well he had so much loose skin in the scrotal area that if he sat down to poop, his balls would fall in the water... Nasty! One of those things women will just never understand!

Just be glad you didn't end up with this. I wonder if insurance would cover this one?

Met a male DSer once who had lost about 400lbs. Well he had so much loose skin in the scrotal area that if he sat down to poop, his balls would fall in the water... Nasty! One of those things women will just never understand!
Hate to say but it happens to me if not careful, depending on the water level in the bowl. Try taking a crap and holding your junk up so you aren't "birdbathing" . Older guys tell me this happens to them without the weight loss.

I just threw up in my mouth...

Well, I must say.....Ive never seen a thread degradate so quickly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....but, WTH, at least its my own thread and I'm guilty of starting the degradation...lol....But, seriously, most of its all in jest just to have a few laughs, BUT......a lot of these issues are very much pertinent to WL and the "Male" side of it and am really glad we can talk about some of these "Male issues" mostly on a female dominated bd. Really cool, just shows you how cool our ladies are on here. PLUS the few guys too....we have NO walls up or male ego's in overdrive...its ALL good stuff peeps and I learn something, (and get a laugh or two) every time I come on this site. Guess that's the main reason I love this place so much ;).

Last edited:
Hate to say but it happens to me if not careful, depending on the water level in the bowl. Try taking a crap and holding your junk up so you aren't "birdbathing" . Older guys tell me this happens to them without the weight loss.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:......."birdbathing"....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...thats funny as shit, the name that is...OK...MORE CONFESSIONS!....There is this one toilet at work that this happened to me on. And I PROMISE you, it will only EVER happen once! What a GROSS flippin thing to have had happen. I think it was actually at that point when "My Junk began to sunk" that I came to the realization of my newly acquired and re-proportioned accoutrements :D.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...

You guys are cracking me up.... and making me really glad I don't have to deal with such issues :D

Hmmmm......well, in a convoluted twisted up sort of way, I'm glad you learned of all of this "First hand"...so to speak...lol. Sparing of course our poor Charles whom actually had to go through all of this providing the aforementioned said lesson material (anonymously of course). For a minute there, I really was actually thinking...GD....that Diana REALLY DOES KNOW EVERYTHING :D:D:D! Which, I guess one could still make a case for saying you still do....you still knew about it, had a name for it, an explanation etc, etc....Knowledge is still knowledge even if acquired at poor said Husbands expense:D!

My father with severe dementia used to let out a howl when he sat on the toilet. I never knew why until one day I heard the splash. From WL or age, women end up with rocks in socks; men teabag the toilet. Thank god there's plastics for both issues.

From WL or age, women end up with rocks in socks; men teabag the toilet. Thank god there's plastics for both issues.

The more I lose the more I think it's likely I'm going to want plastics... the girls are deflating at a startlingly rapid pace o_O Oddly enough, I'm not really concerned with the rest of the saggy, baggy skin. Maybe it's because I've always wanted a boob job and never really had a good enough excuse... :D

The more I lose the more I think it's likely I'm going to want plastics... the girls are deflating at a startlingly rapid pace o_O Oddly enough, I'm not really concerned with the rest of the saggy, baggy skin. Maybe it's because I've always wanted a boob job and never really had a good enough excuse... :D

I know what you mean too..lol I went from having a very nicely shaped and perky B-cup, (if I must say so myself :D), to a saggy baggy -A :D, at least they look good in a T-shirt now.

Latest posts

Back