MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE DIARY

Spiky Bugger

Day 1–Jan 13–late morning—got vaccine. I truly did not even FEEL the needle. MrSue—said the injection kind of hurt. The RN is practically family and loves us both. Later on, my arm was a little sore at injection site. MrSue said his arm stopped hurting and he was fine all over, until he reached up for something and it hurt again.

Day 2–Jan 14–I placed a Walmart.com delivery order, groceries and other stuff, and a Sam’s club grocery pickup order. I ate copious amounts of junk food, on-hand because I had gone nuts on a Sprouts Instacart order a few days ago. They have lots of good gluten-free junk food. Then, exhausted, I “napped” the rest of the morning and all afternoon. I made a salad, he cooked pork chops. We ate. And then I “napped“ again for about three more hours. I’m a bit sore all over, but nothing major. He says he, too, is a little sore all over. But he is a functioning adult and MAY be the reason the kitchen is cleaned up, whereas my primary contribution has been aiding and abeting gravity in holding the couch down on the floor and I’m still, at 9:22 pm, considering my morning shower.

Glad you got the shot and while sleepy and a bit sore, seem to be doing well! VA called to offer my dad a shot (90, memory care), but of course he just recovered from COVID, so it's a bit late. His memory care center expects that they will be able to vaccinate all residents mid-February. While we've signed up, there's been no word yet from the county on Mom, 82, PE/heart attack, asthma, diabetic, or the rest of the household. I'm keen to get Liam and myself immunized to be able to leave our house outside of medical visits, particularly so that he can actually visit the colleges where he's been accepted before committing no later than May 1 to attend one of them!

Latest posts

Back