Malabsorbtion . . .

newanatomy

I track everything that goes into my body on My Fitness Pal. At the end of each day, you click on "Complete this entry" and it responds with "If every day were like today... You'd weigh 214.1 lbs in 5 weeks". The weight in bold changes according to how much you consumed for the day. This just happens to be what mine said today.

My question is, why is it right for me? It has been right all along for me. It does not take into account that I am malabsorbing about half of the calories I am entering. Shouldn't I be loosing more?! Am I not malabsorbing?

What's wrong with 60? I thought you were doing well!

What she said.

And 60 pounds over 15 weeks equals about a half of a pound a day...for four months! The last time you accomplished that was ______ (fill in the blank.)

Maybe it's time to back away from the scale and just be surprised when your jeans fall off while you're grocery shopping. :eek:

Chin up buttercup! You are doing great! I hope I can do as well as y'all. I know no one likes waiting. I want to have my surgery NOW. I am sure once I have it I will want all the wait off now as well.

I was not complaining about the loss. I am just curious as to why the program would be so close to right when I have malabsorption as opposed to someone who is just dieting and exercising. Plus, after yesterday's mass diarrhea extravaganza, I was down over 2 pounds! Viva la DS!

I never lost at the rate Fitpal showed - I was always much slower. I remember thinking the same thing - how come I'm getting half of these calories/fat/etc and I'm not losing. Answer: broken metabolism.

I think losing a ton a weight right after surgery puts our bodies into metabolic starvation mode. My metabolism slowed down so much that I quit losing weight - and the more I cut my food, the slower the losing went. In the last 5 months I have increased my calories and carbs gradually in an effort to heal/relax the starvation mode (and I weigh myself twice a month) and noticed that I am slowly losing weight again at higher calories/carbs.

I think that some of us better not be counting on malabsorption to help us lose the weight. I am sure that is helping but diet and exercise still have to play a role, at least for me. I am thrilled that I don't have to starve myself to lose, that is what lets me know that I have some malabsorption. It just isn't a magical malady that allows me to eat anything and be my sweet lazy ass self.

When you lose a ton more weight and start eating more, you will freak out when it says you are going to gain in 5 weeks if you keep eating like that. I just look at it and move on. Right now, you are early out and eating less. That will change and that is when you will see malabsorption actually working.

When you lose a ton more weight and start eating more, you will freak out when it says you are going to gain in 5 weeks if you keep eating like that. I just look at it and move on. Right now, you are early out and eating less. That will change and that is when you will see malabsorption actually working.

That is what scares me most! I eat between 1,300- 1,800 calories a day sometimes up to 2,000. It is amazing to eat like this and lose.

Latest posts

Back