Looking for a DS surgeon near New Mexico

That is actually is a very amazing story. I'm for sure going to research him.

My other question for anyone out there was how did you handle your PCP prior to anything? Do you find it best to partner with them or just go straight to the surgeon? I'm new to this whole thing so I have no idea how the process works.
My plan required a referral letter to surgeon from your PCP stating you needed bariatric surgery . It also mandated a 6 month diet before they would approve. Gotta referral letter from PCP asap and get it moving.... It took well over a year for me to get to surgery.

After surgery you will need a good PCP who will order the labs you will need. If you don't have a good PCP who works with you then you will need to find one.

DRIVE? You are planning to DRIVE immediately (or semi-immediately) post-op? I had trouble, a week post-op, being the PASSENGER for. 3.5 hour drive.

Have you considered Amtrak? It has many stops in NM, goes to LA and from there, it even goes to Glendale, where Keshishian is located. If you plan it right, you can get a handicapped room...there are not many, so flexibility helps...and you get your own room AND YOUR OWN TOILET RIGHT IN YOUR ROOM!!!! And they will deliver your meals if you need that service...which you will, because the stairs are a bitch.

It isn't cheap...maybe you'd only need the handicapped room on your return trip, if you're game for sleeping in a recliner-type seat on the way there. But check prices...call in...they don't have the prices for the special rooms on the website.

I haven't decided on transportation. That all depends on what I can afford. Track you for the Amtrak info though.

My plan required a referral letter to surgeon from your PCP stating you needed bariatric surgery . It also mandated a 6 month diet before they would approve. Gotta referral letter from PCP asap and get it moving.... It took well over a year for me to get to surgery.

After surgery you will need a good PCP who will order the labs you will need. If you don't have a good PCP who works with you then you will need to find one.
I have an appointment on the 15th with my PCP. That's when I'll be able to talk to them about everything I'm wanting to do.

Well good for you. I think I would just keep in the back of my head Ayoola I do not believe has the long time experience under his belt that Rabkin and Keshishian have. But they say he's good.

My other question for anyone out there was how did you handle your PCP prior to anything? Do you find it best to partner with them or just go straight to the surgeon? I'm new to this whole thing so I have no idea how the process works.
Mine was my partner at the time. He was more than willing to help in any way he could.

Have you considered Amtrak? It has many stops in NM, goes to LA and from there, it even goes to Glendale, where Keshishian is located. If you plan it right, you can get a handicapped room...there are not many, so flexibility helps...and you get your own room AND YOUR OWN TOILET RIGHT IN YOUR ROOM!!!! And they will deliver your meals if you need that service...which you will, because the stairs are a bitch.

It isn't cheap...maybe you'd only need the handicapped room on your return trip, if you're game for sleeping in a recliner-type seat on the way there. But check prices...call in...they don't have the prices for the special rooms on the website.
We used Amtrak when we traveled to NYC from TN for my husband's surgery. We still had to drive over 3 hours to my daddy's to board Amtrak as you couldn't get to NYC from Knoxville without some vehicle travel. On the way up we had a standard room (think VERY cramped quarters) But it did allow us to lay down and sleep. Coming back, we upgraded to a handicap. Having a hangtag in my possession is a big help. It did cost extra but it was worth it to get my husband comfortable. And we found out the handicap price is the same (or WAS) as a first class room.

With most insurance you need the consent or recommendation of your primary care dr. So it's best to partner especially if your surgeon will be in another state.

Mine was my partner at the time. He was more than willing to help in any way he could.
Mine was and is the same way. I sent him an email on the web portal telling him what labs I need and he orders them.

Regarding travel, AMTRAK has never been cheaper than flying whenever I looked into it. Not to mention AMTRAK is notorious for getting way behind schedule and many of their terminals are nowhere near the city you are going. A flight and uber when you get there would be my recommendation. If you book far enough in advance a flight shouldn't cost more than $500 max round trip. If it is a concern I would start budgeting for it now.

Regarding travel, AMTRAK has never been cheaper than flying whenever I looked into it. Not to mention AMTRAK is notorious for getting way behind schedule and many of their terminals are nowhere near the city you are going. A flight and uber when you get there would be my recommendation. If you book far enough in advance a flight shouldn't cost more than $500 max round trip. If it is a concern I would start budgeting for it now.
We prefer NOT to fly. That's why we went Amtrak and now drive ourselves with a travel trailer.

We prefer NOT to fly. That's why we went Amtrak and now drive ourselves with a travel trailer.
And I understand that rationale. I was just shocked that when I looked at Amtrak before that it cost more than flying and was going to take 10 times as long to kid there.

Oh to have Europe's rail system in the US.

And I understand that rationale. I was just shocked that when I looked at Amtrak before that it cost more than flying and was going to take 10 times as long to kid there.

Oh to have Europe's rail system in the US.
Anyone who has experienced both would prefer the European train system...HOWEVER, I have been stuck on a tarmac and stuck on train tracks with icy brakes and I much prefer the train scenario...even Amtrak.

Okay...the "girls" already know this but the "boys" often need reminding: speed is not always a good thing. Yeah, the train costs more, but so does the Ritz Carlton. Sometimes, the extra price is worth it. I like to take naps, look out windows and meet "interesting types" in the dining car...and that kind of thing costs.

Anyone who has experienced both would prefer the European train system...HOWEVER, I have been stuck on a tarmac and stuck on train tracks with icy brakes and I much prefer the train scenario...even Amtrak.

Okay...the "girls" already know this but the "boys" often need reminding: speed is not always a good thing. Yeah, the train costs more, but so does the Ritz Carlton. Sometimes, the extra price is worth it. I like to take naps, look out windows and meet "interesting types" in the dining car...and that kind of thing costs.
Haha I hear you spikey.

Latest posts

Back