Liquid diet

Firewife204

Hello, I finally have my surgery date of July 31 😬😊 The 17th I started my first phase diet for liver shrinkage and 800 calories. I’ve done really well on it surprisingly. The 24th I start my liquid diet and that’s what worries me the most. Any helpful tips or recipes for that? Broth cubes? Out of the can? Bone broth, regular broth? Any help is appreciated and I can’t wait for the day to start my journey.

As long as it doesn’t have to be clear, try adding Isopure unflavored to chicken broth or beef ( I preferred chicken). Make sure you use a bit of COOL broth to mix the protein before adding it to the rest or it will clump.

Once you are on clear, maybe protein waters? You want some protein in your system so you aren’t in a deficient. Protein shakes aren’t clear.

But your surgeon may have definite ideas. Try to follow those unless they sound too off the wall.

Oh, and for post op, try to follow their plan too, except for the carby stuff. No mashed potatoes, no oatmeal or other cereal. They aren’t promoting your protein goals and are a slippery slope to adding carbs later.

Latest posts

Back