Lightweights, DS?

People have said I will die or loose too much weight is this true? How are you doing? How did your weight loss go, slow, fast?

@Kathy26 both my dh and I are DS lightweights. My pre-op BMI was 35.2 (I barely qualified at all). His was just over 38.
You can see how my weight loss went here: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/my-weight-loss-by-month-as-a-lw.1104/
I am over 4 years out and very comfortably at a 23 BMI.

I got told by my first surgeon (who I fired) that I was too small for the DS, that I would lose too much weight. At the time I had mine, Medicare did not cover the VSG (which I would have out eaten anyway) so MY options were the RNY or DS (I DID NOT ever consider the crap band).

I fired him and found a surgeon who WOULD give me a DS.

Very few people ever become UNDERweight....and there are usually reasons why that happens and it's usually something that can be controlled.

I was a lightweight and while my current weight 2 1/2 years out from my DS is on the low side, I have been maintaining this weight for the past year and a half. My body just decided it was time to stop losing. I went from a BMI of 41 to a BMI of 20 in 13 months and have stayed there ever since.

My BMI at time of operation was 34. Virgin DS. 7years out. 100cc, 30z sleeve. Must work it everyday to stay at a low normal BMI. I can not let my guard down or will be under normal BMI. My daughter had the DS and she too was a lightweight BMI of 35. She is 5'6 and weighs 150. She is almost 2 years out. Has not had any trouble at all. Us DSer's are all so different yet still the same.

Me too..my BMI was 35.9 when I went in for my consult and 34 and change on my surgery date. I found out I had NASH in October when my appendix burst, even though my triglycerides were only 75, and the DS is the only treatment with any proven efficacy in resolving NASH. I did opt for an SADI since I only had about 60 lb to lose, and the vitamin regime is a lot less arduous, and there seems to be a lower likelihood of long term complications. I am three weeks out today and down 23 lbs. I was cleared for all activity 12 days after surgery, even though I also had my hiatal hernia repaired during the operation. So, it's worked well for me.

Other sites some were saying I should just get the sleeve. I have diabetes high bp ahigh cholesterol and pvc's so I thought this would be the best fit for me. I want them gone!
I am moving forward, I am scheduled and sent my deposit.
So I went to Mexico for the ds woke up with a sleeve no discussion Ungson just did it. I went to him for the ds if I couldn't have the ds I would of waited until I could have now I spent 8$ for a sleeve

Latest posts

Back