labs.. good bad indifferent frustrated with conflicting info

@cheryl baker you NEED to stay because you need the advice you will find here and nowhere else, and you DON'T need to interact with anyone you don't like. Just put that person on ignore, as EN has done with you, and problem solved. If you get offended over every person with whom, for whatever reason, you don't relate well, you will shut yourself out of every corner of the internet.
Since I have no idea what went on on facebook I'm not going to blame anyone. I really don't care who was at fault, or if it was mutual. Just thicken your skin a little bit, use the ignore function as needed, and keep moving forward.

@cherylbaker (do you know you have two accounts here? you might want to delete one) - trust me, this forum is quite nice with the jerks blocked. However, note that you have to put the other person on ignore too, or you will still see their posts - unfortunately, it is not a real block function.

Having said that, and having read some of your interactions on the other board, you really should pay attention to how you ask questions and argue about the answers - some people will get frustrated with you and stop responding (which is better than being a jerk and kicking you off the board but still ....).

I suggest you do the following - go over all the information you have received about a subject you are concerned about, write it up in your own words to confirm your understanding and then post it, and we'll give you feedback to confirm that you DO understand what you've been told, and correct any mistakes. And don't argue - ask for clarification.

@cherylbaker (do you know you have two accounts here? you might want to delete one) - trust me, this forum is quite nice with the jerks blocked. However, note that you have to put the other person on ignore too, or you will still see their posts - unfortunately, it is not a real block function.

Having said that, and having read some of your interactions on the other board, you really should pay attention to how you ask questions and argue about the answers - some people will get frustrated with you and stop responding (which is better than being a jerk and kicking you off the board but still ....).

I suggest you do the following - go over all the information you have received about a subject you are concerned about, write it up in your own words to confirm your understanding and then post it, and we'll give you feedback to confirm that you DO understand what you've been told, and correct any mistakes. And don't argue - ask for clarification.
I can't figure out how to delete an account

@cheryl baker ...I told you this on Facebook already but in case you missed it...I take 5 carbonyl iron everyday PLUS 2 Proferrin.
I started out on just the 5 tender iron (carbonyl) per vitalady's recommended DS regimen and when I had labs done I realized that wasn't enough so I added the Proferrin. Obviously what you've been taking isn't enough. Going from one pill to two isn't going to do the trick.
Your h&h being low means the volume of blood in your body is low. That could be because of the blood you donated..which was a very nice thing to do, but not good for you as a DS'er with malabsorption. I know I keep stressing this to you, but please don't donate anymore blood.

@cheryl baker you DONATED BLOOD and now you're wondering how to get your iron status back to normal??
Let's face reality. We absorb iron poorly, so poorly that many of us need to have iron infusions - the opposite of donations. There is no point in donating and then needing infusions. Doesn't make sense. There are many, many other ways that you can contribute to your community besides blood donations. We aren't on the list of people not allowed to donate only because there aren't many people who don't absorb iron well, other than people who have had bariatric surgery, so the blood bank doesn't know they should turn you away, but YOU know you shouldn't donate, or at least you should know, because you should understand the surgery you choose and the lifelong after effects.
I think @DianaCox also gave you some great advice about how to successfully interact with an internet community. And really, if you think about it, it's easier than real life. You can't just block someone at work, at your place of worship, a crappy neighbor, wherever. You're stuck with them. But here, you can block or ignore someone whom you don't like and problem solved. And yes, being argumentative with people who are trying to help you doesn't work well. The advice here is good. Take a good look at your posts before you hit the post reply button and make sure they truly reflect what you want to say and the attitude you want to project. We can't hear tone of voice and can't see facial expressions and body language. All we can go on is your words.

Latest posts

Back