Lab results

HA! Yeah, I've said, "The type of intestinal bypass I had means I have a surgically induced short gut syndrome." I saw the light bulb go on over the doc's head....for a moment. Then I saw the doubt come on. "Ah hell, another hypochondriac with too much Google access." Fortunately, he's an orthopedic surgeon, so I didn't feel the need to fire him. He fixed my sore thumb quite nicely.

If you feel you'd rather try to get more from your 50,000 IUs of D3 a day versus add another 50,000 IUs of D3, you might introduce some vitamin K2 to your daily schedule. They apparently work well together in your system. I take 4 of Vitalady's K2 150 mcg capsules a day. There isn't a recommended dose for DSrs yet but that dose works well for me. My dietitian checks Osteocalcin to judge bone health. It's a lower-is-better lab similar to PTH (parathyroid hormone).

I struggled with low vitamin A early out too and was able to bring it up on 100,000 IUs of Vitalady's vitamin A (palmitate) a day. It took about 3 months at that dose and then I was able to reduce it, then stop for several months, and now I'm maintaining on only 1 - 25,000 IUs capsule every other week.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back