Lab results so for

Um, yeah. The NP informed you your PCP is not "on board" with your lab needs? Fire that PCP now. That's EXACTLY what happened to me. Your NP is trying to warn you without blurting it out that YOUR DOCTOR IS AN IDIOT, just like mine was. If you stay with that doctor, get ready for him/her to freak out at your PTH and start you on the road to thyroid bullshit treatment. Because they clearly don't understand the calcium/D/PTH connection. My new doctor just stared at me when I told him how I got my PTH to be where it is. He said I was the very first patient he'd ever met who understood the connection. Ta Da! You, also, need a new doctor. I found my new doctor when my son had MRSA and our PCP refused to see him because he was no longer on our insurance. My son needed a follow-up from his ER visit, found this new guy, and it was a win-win for the entire family. My former PCP's Nurse Practitioner had told me SO many things over the years that I chose to ignore, I feel stupid now thinking back. She was warning me, and I didn't see it.

On the vites: You can shop around and find them cheaper. Or you can just order them from Vitalady and rest assured they are the right ones for a DSer.

Well I got an e-mail from Dr. K saying that my blood work looks better now than it did. He is sending orders for the lab test that the PCP didn't order and sent me a list for my next yearly lab work. He said to just get more protein in. I haven't heard back on what he thinks about the iron infusions. I am going to contact the hospital in CA to get those medical records. It really didn't occur to me that they did the blood work while I was in the hospital for 5 days. I was going by last year’s lab draw and comparing them to now. How stupid am I. I left there very black and blue because they could never find good veins. When they did find one it would roll and not produce.

Thank you En for the advice on what type of vits to order.

Sheanie I am listening. I don't want you to think I am not. My PCP gets one more chance when I see her on the 28th. If she isn't convinced by seeing lab list Dr. K sent me and the other things I tell her along with any articles I will bring her then I will be looking again. This is my second PCP since surgery in 2010. I really don't know how to find a PCP in my area that I wouldn't have to educate and start all over again. I am also going to ask/tell her about the iron infusions. I might try asking the NP if she is aware of any other doctor that might be better in our area. I will be looking for something that will explain what you say “If you stay with that doctor, get ready for him/her to freak out at your PTH and start you on the road to thyroid bullshit treatment. Because they clearly don't understand the calcium/D/PTH connection". If you know of anything I can take to her I would appreciate it but I am not asking you to research for me. I will google and try to find something to educate it myself.

Thank you Liz and no D or PTH was ordered. Dr K is sending me orders for the ones she left off.

Thank you Kathy as I told En I will get the right A to take.

I'm glad to hear Dr. K. notices some improvements. You've had a rough time and still have a ways to go. Thankfully the vitamin A thing is easily remedied. Hopefully a month on the right stuff will make a major difference.

I'm glad to hear Dr. K. notices some improvements. You've had a rough time and still have a ways to go. Thankfully the vitamin A thing is easily remedied. Hopefully a month on the right stuff will make a major difference.
@Elizabeth N. I'd like to thank you for your vitamin A advice as I was on the exact same stuff. I ordered the Biotech version same day I read your post. My skin's been suffering and it has to be vit A as my zinc's back up (I only get A drawn annually, whereas I get my zinc, D and others at least twice a year).

Latest posts

Back