Katsmeow07 angel report

Congratulations! Hang in there, the first few days are not fun, but you will feel better by the day. Just sip, then walk, then sip, then walk some more...you know the drill.

I'm scared to test the limits on my new tummy. They aren't measuring the pureed food so I'm trying to eyeball it. Plus they had to put me in a room on a wing that isn't very familiar with bariatric patients. I think I'm not eating enough but because of gas pain, healing pain, etc...I can't tell if I'm full so ive been cautious. Don't wanna throw up!!

@katsmeow07 , Don't worry about not eating enough at this point - the main thing you need right now is hydration. Hope you are released tomorrow as expected so you can be in familiar, more comfortable surroundings. It is tough the first couple of weeks, but does get better every day. Hang in there!

I'm scared to test the limits on my new tummy. They aren't measuring the pureed food so I'm trying to eyeball it. Plus they had to put me in a room on a wing that isn't very familiar with bariatric patients. I think I'm not eating enough but because of gas pain, healing pain, etc...I can't tell if I'm full so ive been cautious. Don't wanna throw up!!

as you should be! you can't go too slow with eating this early out - eat only tiny amounts, very very slowly.

how is the liquid going? are you tracking it?

Was anyone hungry while in the hospital? The food has been horrible, it takes them over an hour or so to bring it so you can't really
as you should be! you can't go too slow with eating this early out - eat only tiny amounts, very very slowly.

how is the liquid going? are you tracking it?
Sort of tracking, but because of the IV I haven't been as diligent as I will at home. I'm hungry though because this food has been horrible. Greek yogurt is my new best friend.

Is it normal to have hunger pangs? I'm having them a lot and I thought that was cut out of the stomach

Is it normal to have hunger pangs? I'm having them a lot and I thought that was cut out of the stomach

I'm not sure. I did not have any hunger until one week out - and then one SIP of broth and I was FULL - but I was told then I "couldn't" feel hunger that early. but I know I did - so there's that.

however, I understand that sometimes people mistake acid for feeling hunger. are you on medication to block acid?

They gave me nexium the past two days but I've been sipping and not getting full. I'm eating about one to two ounces a meal and managed to gain 6 lbs since surgery. I read it happens but it's still a little disheartening. Can I have a, scrambled egg or a teaspoon of smooth peanut butter on the pureed diet, i forgot. They gave me some kind of pureed egg this morning before discharging me and it was nauseating

@katsmeow07:

1. NO SCALE.
2. NO FOOD.
3. If licking on a little peanut butter helps you feel better, go for it.
4. MORE/DIFFERENT acid reducer and nausea meds.
5. HYDRATE.

You will NOT feel full. Now stop this and focus on HYDRATION. You signed on for this. It's a miserable time that you're just going to have to survive. It has NOTHING to do with weight loss. Your responsibility right now is to heal from a HUGE SURGERY.

HYDRATE. HYDRATE. HYDRATE. That's all. Nothing more. Walk around the room once in a while so your circulation stays good. And rest.

Latest posts

Back