Katsmeow07 angel report

yay! Welcome to the other side, Katsmeow, hope you recover quickly and can post for yourself soon.

thanks for posting, 4K!!

Hi all. Having some pain but the meds make it manageable. My questions are more of how much to drink and I don't feel like eating more than like a popsicle. It sorta hurts when I.swallow water. Is that normal? They ran out of rooms so I'm in a part of the hospital not very familiar with bariatric patients. Help!!

If you are still on an IV, you don't need to worry about how much you are drinking at the moment. Just sip, sip, sip. Don't push it if it hurts.

But I don't feel full, it's more a burning feeling. I'm drinking like 1 to 2 Oz every hour. I'm still on the IV for now but they're going to take me off it soon. My mouth is so dry

Well, just remember that your stomach just had a big portion removed. Cut, stitched and swollen. It's gonna be sore for a while. Suck on ice chips to keep you mouth moist and help with hydration. You will be able to take in more as time goes on.

I knew all this stuff before I came here, now I seem to have amnesthia, lol
side affect, don't make any decisions or operate heavy equipment :p

it's more a burning feeling

a lot of us are on something for acid right away, if you aren't ask about it.

experiment with tiny sips of whatever they have to see what works, maybe try different temperatures. I've heard of people only like warm or tepid, I couldn't tell in the hospital but once I was home I liked ICE cold, even slushy.

go really slow with eating, even a Popsicle - if it is uncomfortable stop.

glad the meds are helping, sounds like you are doing pretty good!! nice to hear from you!!

are you up and walking a little?

I am only 6 weeks out and still can't drink anything real cold. As a matter of fact I have had a hard time finding things I like to drink. I have been making hot tea several times a day. I make 2 cups at a time and put in a big cup. Usually it is cold by the time I am done and for some reason my body is okay with that. It's crazy. I have also been able to tolerate water with just a bit of lemon.

On the other hand sugar free popsicles are great and sit well.

The burning could possibly be due to the tube.

@katsmeow07 Welcome to the next part of your life! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Is your throat burning, or is it your tummy? In any case, maybe try room temperature or warm beverages?

Latest posts

Back