Jewish holiday Low-FODMAP food!

Spiky Bugger

The place that makes/delivers my Low FODMAP meals scored a few points this week…

Low FODMAP Potato Kugel…Quite good
Low FODMAP Matzoh Ball Soup…Pretty good

They shouldn’t have bothered with…and I didn’t order…the Low FODMAP charoset. I mean…without apples, figs/dates and honey, IS IT charoset?

Monday afternoon, out of the blue, a man who only identified himself as being from Chabad, upon noticing the flags on our fence, stopped by the house to give us a beautiful box of three Schmurah Matzot that were hand made in the Ukraine. It was a lovely act of kindness.

Seeing that box gave me comfort and reminded me there is hope for humanity while we were getting texts yesterday that Hannah was hiding on the floor of her darkened civics classroom alongside mass shooting survivors during a hard lockdown with police in SWAT gear searching the building. The lockdown and search was due to yet another gun threat that resulted in five students being taken into custody (all students safe now).

I think I'll be reminded of this week whenever I eat matzah or even matzoh ball soup.

hilary1617 that had to be terrifying for you, Hannah, and everyone else who was there. Just awful! I hope the memory of this week will be the positive act of kindness more so than the negative.
hilary1617 I can’t even imagine the terror of all involved. I am glad all are safe but thats not the point. At least y’all had some kindness in this world.
Thank you for the support. It was definitely scary and it breaks my heart that children are subject to repeated, preventable trauma. Honestly, if it weren't for having the redemption matzah box in my line of sight, I would have had a much harder time handling yesterday's episode. It served as a calming and perfectly-timed reminder of the human capacity for kindness and resilience.

Monday afternoon, out of the blue, a man who only identified himself as being from Chabad, upon noticing the flags on our fence, stopped by the house to give us a beautiful box of three Schmurah Matzot that were hand made in the Ukraine. It was a lovely act of kindness.

Seeing that box gave me comfort and reminded me there is hope for humanity while we were getting texts yesterday that Hannah was hiding on the floor of her darkened civics classroom alongside mass shooting survivors during a hard lockdown with police in SWAT gear searching the building. The lockdown and search was due to yet another gun threat that resulted in five students being taken into custody (all students safe now).

I think I'll be reminded of this week whenever I eat matzah or even matzoh ball soup.

Part I—how lovely. I knew nothing of these, but now I do. I also know there are Passover Jammies! https://traditionsjewishgifts.com/f...k3jpzlNuoRAMUwA9M7-AoalfHhnx7H2kaAg6OEALw_wcB

But since I’m not a Jew, except by association, can I hold out for the hamantashen?

Part II—I cannot imagine raising kids these days. I’m from the Duck & Cover Generation. One reason we’re all crazy. I can’t imagine an entire generation of children raised to accept Active Shooter Drills. I wonder what THEIR Woodstock will be.

Latest posts

Back