It's Official

Scott, so glad all went well and I enjoyed your Dilaudid inspired posts. You won't miss your sigmoid, it won't miss you, and hopefully this will solve the latest problem.

I'm happy to hear you're doing so well. Getting the cath out and peeing like a man is progress. Keep it up.

(Just realized I might have made a faux pas by putting "peeing like a man" and "keep it up" so close together. Teehee.)

Scott, so glad all went well and I enjoyed your Dilaudid inspired posts. You won't miss your sigmoid, it won't miss you, and hopefully this will solve the latest problem.
Thanks Larra. The way my simple mind works, removing the Sigmoid should hopefully give me just the normal amount or close (not over or under) and prevent it from flipping, which obviously caused issues. Not to be too gross, but my poop was curved and maybe 1/4 of an inch thick at time. Sometime very small pieces that frankly looked Fritos chips. Other times it would be solid and 3-4 inches long almost the infamous baby ruth from Caddy Shack, size. Once in a while it would be loose

and yes, Dilaudid and Toradol are my buddies...and I am still checking the spelling. :p

I'm happy to hear you're doing so well. Getting the cath out and peeing like a man is progress. Keep it up.

(Just realized I might have made a faux pas by putting "peeing like a man" and "keep it up" so close together. Teehee.)
Hahahahahaa Honey with your keep it up comment, so sense you went there, for whatever reason while I was laying on the gurnee waiting for anesthesia to show up.....Mr johnson was partially standing up. Why i have no idea because I wasn't thinking about sex and I was worried a nurse was going to show up and call me Mr Pervie. LOL

Sorry if this post offends anyone.

Hahahahahaa Honey with your keep it up comment, so sense you went there, for whatever reason while I was laying on the gurnee waiting for anesthesia to show up.....Mr johnson was partially standing up. Why i have no idea because I wasn't thinking about sex and I was worried a nurse was going to show up and call me Mr Pervie. LOL

Sorry if this post offends anyone.

I doubt there's much a nurse hasn't seen. I'm also pretty sure nurses in the anesthesia recovery area have heard some lulus. I learned a lot from reading medical records and the first post-op pee is a big deal.

I also did not mean to offend, I was just feeling a little ornery when I re-read my post, so I didn't edit it.

I doubt there's much a nurse hasn't seen. I'm also pretty sure nurses in the anesthesia recovery area have heard some lulus. I learned a lot from reading medical records and the first post-op pee is a big deal.

I also did not mean to offend, I was just feeling a little ornery when I re-read my post, so I didn't edit it.
Ha! You aren't going offend me talking about this topic. I thought it was funny.

A childhood friend of mine is post op nurse at the hospital in Peoria where I had my virgin DS and other surgeries. I joke with her telling her she took the job so she could checkout "the packages" of the good looking guys. . I also told her that she probably looked under my hood. Naturally she said you know it bubba. Lol

@DSRIGGS When my husband had his colonoscopy, the doctor promised to tape him as he was coming out from sedation. The urologist that blasted my stones is so handsome. If I did say something stupid, he was cool enough not to mention anything.

@DSRIGGS When my husband had his colonoscopy, the doctor promised to tape him as he was coming out from sedation. The urologist that blasted my stones is so handsome. If I did say something stupid, he was cool enough not to mention anything.
My lady friend would never say or do anything to a patient. She is a great nurse, a professional nurse, and we were just joking around out at a bar.. Joking about silly insecurities that some men have. I didn't mean to imply that nurses are unprofessional so if I did I apologize.

Anyway.....I am feeling pretty good today but I am hungry....Can somebody smuggle me a bucket of KFC?. :p :D

Seriously, I am on clears until the morning I guess because Dr K wants my colon to rest. He knows what he is doing so I do whatever he says to do....so it broth and jello for me.

Have a good night.

I was giggling as I typed this. Medicine can be downright funny, because if you don't find some humor in it, you'll go insane. A doctor and I were discussing the best way for some patients to commit suicide. In reality, we would never do that. Often medical humor is dark, very dark. And when you've treated someone for failed suicide attempts (because the person really doesn't want to do it) obsessing about the sadness of it all can make you crazy.

Hello Everybody - Dr K released me at about 12:30 today so Dianna and I are back at the hotel chillaxing. Dr K stopped my Dilaudid pain pump about 8:30 last night and removed my drain. I got one more hit off the pump before it was taken away. I fell asleep and don't know exactly when and I woke about 3 AM hurting like hell not having a clue where I was or what was going on. Luckily my nurse Stephen was close by and quickly saw that something wasn't right with me and got the situation under control. He got me back to bed after i used the restroom and have me a Dilaudid pill. I was able to fall asleep for an hour or so but the pain hadn't improved at all so Stephen gave me some IV Dilaudid and torridol. That got me back to a good spot and a few more hours sleeping. I am pretty darn sore down around the area where I have a 2-3 inch incision at the belt line. This was for the exit of my sigmoid colon. It is going to take a few days to feel better but it is manageable.

Anyway I am glad to be out and of course so glad I have Dr K in my life to look after me. I am quite hopeful that when everything heals that I should be much better and ready to get my life back.

Thanks for all your support. You are a wonderful group of people.

Latest posts

Back