Is this shit going south?

I would also consider a possible bio hazard contaminant in your life recently. Used any pesticides/herbicides recently? Added new food products (yes including vitamins...if you ingest anything from China lord knows what's in it!) you could have an allergy to? If it happens again you simply MUST have a CT scan of your occipital lobe (back of head) which is where your vision center is located to rule out a tumor. Another possibility easily ruled out would be a 'Thyroid storm' caused by a tumor or even a nodule on thyroid gland resulting in massive T3 levels. The fact you recognize these as hallucinations speaks well of your mental health, but clearly these are VERY SERIOUS symptoms that should not be taken lightly. Hope you're ok Kirmy! Please keep us posted.
:070105 emmo7999:

I would also consider a possible bio hazard contaminant in your life recently. Used any pesticides/herbicides recently? Added new food products (yes including vitamins...if you ingest anything from China lord knows what's in it!) you could have an allergy to? If it happens again you simply MUST have a CT scan of your occipital lobe (back of head) which is where your vision center is located to rule out a tumor. Another possibility easily ruled out would be a 'Thyroid storm' caused by a tumor or even a nodule on thyroid gland resulting in massive T3 levels. The fact you recognize these as hallucinations speaks well of your mental health, but clearly these are VERY SERIOUS symptoms that should not be taken lightly. Hope you're ok Kirmy! Please keep us posted.
:070105 emmo7999:

My T3 is within normal limits and I'm medicated on my current levothyroxine dose with no required changes. A thyroid storm would have much more drastic side effects than just hallucinations so I can rule that out thank fuck!

I've not had any known exposures however I do work on a oil refinery essentially in the North Sea so although unlikely is more probable than the average Joe.

I'm a NP so I'm pretty up with neurology and know how likely a Tumor is if this shit is persistent. So far two weeks symptom free. Whoop hoop. No other evidence of a space occupying lesion. No ataxia, memory or emotional disturbance or changes to dermatome sensation or cranial innerviation.

Perhaps it really is just a metric fuck tonne of metabolised acid from my salad days? At any rate I'll play it cautious.

Thanks for your input. The spider was a special touch!

My T3 is within normal limits and I'm medicated on my current levothyroxine dose with no required changes. A thyroid storm would have much more drastic side effects than just hallucinations so I can rule that out thank fuck!

I've not had any known exposures however I do work on a oil refinery essentially in the North Sea so although unlikely is more probable than the average Joe.

I'm a NP so I'm pretty up with neurology and know how likely a Tumor is if this shit is persistent. So far two weeks symptom free. Whoop hoop. No other evidence of a space occupying lesion. No ataxia, memory or emotional disturbance or changes to dermatome sensation or cranial innerviation.

Perhaps it really is just a metric fuck tonne of metabolised acid from my salad days? At any rate I'll play it cautious.

Thanks for your input. The spider was a special touch!

Haha! I thought the spider was very apropos! Didn't realize you were a NP Kirmy...sure you're taking a very special interest in this case! I'm sure you'll be fine.
:morning:

Latest posts

Back