11 year Surgiversary

Cbramsey

Oxygen Scavenger
At 6am on December 16, 2010, I was wheeled into an operating room at New York Presbyterian Hospital where Dr. Alfons Pomp performed a Duodenal Switch . When I first woke up in the Recovery Room, the first words I said to Elizabeth T Ramsey was, "Am I skinny yet?"
I am also including a Before pic when I was my heaviest. I was about 300 lbs or so then. The Now pic was taken this morning since I had access to a full length mirror.
Was it an easy road? The answer to that was a resounding No. My first Christmas post DS was literally 9 days past surgery. I managed probably 2 bites of turkey that day. The first month or so I felt like I had been run over by a semi.
As far as complications, I really haven't had any.
My only regret was not having the surgery sooner.
My advice for those who are considering this surgery is pay attention to three things. The first is hydration. The second is be proactive about your vitamins and supplements. The third is stay on top of your labs and adjust your vitamins/supplements.

Yes, that's what I meant, though I did notice the kitty in the background.

Yes, that's what I meant, though I did notice the kitty in the background.
The kitty in the background is Pixel, our “moose” cat. He’s a nubbin Manx, weighs 15 (25 was a typo) lbs. His litter sister is also a Manx but has a full tail. Ginger female’s are only 25% of the ginger population. And each litter of Manx needs at least 25% full tail. They don’t breed tailless to tailless. Causes all kinds of genetic damage. But ours are fixed.

Last edited:
There are 2 kitties in cb's thin photo above... good example of protective coloration

The orange tabby is on the orange couch.. the Grey tabby is on the Grey rug

Last edited:
The grey tabby is Pepper. One half of a set of males we adopted as minions for Pixel. We used to get females but stopped that the last round of adoptions cause of the hate and discontent being created between the females.

Pepper is my spicy love bug.

You're right! I missed the grey one. Maybe they're chameleons cleverly disguised as kitties.

Latest posts

Back