Info about policy at Dr. Inmans???

Oh crap - my surgeon hasn't mentioned anything about stopping my NSAID (meloxicam) prior to surgery. Guess I better ask about that! Maybe that's info they'll give me when they call me to set up a date. Sorry for the sorta brief thread hijack here.

yeah. You don't want nsaids on a fresh cut tummy. If your surgeon is kind, he'll give you something for the pain while you are adapting.

Oh crap - my surgeon hasn't mentioned anything about stopping my NSAID (meloxicam) prior to surgery. Guess I better ask about that! Maybe that's info they'll give me when they call me to set up a date. Sorry for the sorta brief thread hijack here.
Actually NSAIDS are a blood thinner and along with vitamin E should be stopped prior to ANY surgery. Since the only vitamin E I get is in my MUCH LARGER than a normie dose of multi's, I typically stop my multi's for the duration pre-op as well.

I can not answer the question on Dr. Inman and how long you have to quit smoking, but I would ask her office. My guess would be at minimum 30 days if not 3-6 months before surgery, that is what I have heard from other surgeons. I was not a smoker, so I did not have to worry about his. I did have to stop NSAiDS and stuff about 1 month prior to surgery.

As for the support groups, I know it has always been there policy to sign the form after the meeting. I did not know the Psych now required you to attend support groups. I did not have to attend any. I did live out of state so I do not know if that played a part, but it was not told to me as a policy. Unless it is something specific to her because of things that were discussed in her Psych evaluation.

Has nothing to do with hard feelings, all is well :). I understand the aggravation factor all too well, but I can see it from both sides.

In my job, I encounter people who've been through hell almost every day. You'd be amazed how many of them we could help better and more easily if they'd just freaking COMPLY with the few simple rules we have--some of which are imposed on us by outside agencies and a couple of which are our own. The amount of energy those noncompliant folks tend to spend on their noncompliance can be darned impressive.

It's not about medical or psychological care in this case, but it does give me the insight from the other side of the desk.

Definitely get clarity on that one. Not only might it be painful on the belly, but the NSAIDS can pose increased bleeding risk issues. Probably some other things that I don't remember at the moment as well.

Latest posts

Back