If I Survive the Holidays...

k9ophile

One of the things I like best about this place is that I can scream with little chance of it getting back to people who might be offended. If you take the time to read this, I hope you swing a chicken for my sanity.

So I'm the president of a 501(c)3 organization. Traditionally, a major fund raiser has been a holiday tour of homes. This is, in and of itself, is a big deal. We didn't have it one year because no home owners graciously opened their home. Perfectly understandable. However, when we started this we had a huge membership, at least 30 if not 40 members. We had a lot of contacts and friends of friends who opened their houses. We also have always had this arranged by October.

Now we have 11 members, three who do not attend due to health problems, yet want to stay on the membership roster. The tour is this Sunday. FIVE DAYS AWAY! We almost didn't have the tour this year, but in the middle of November, we were thrown for a loop when out of the blue, someone contacts me with a house for the tour. We need at least three homes and after scrambling, we got a third home after one of our members volunteered her house.

Yeah! Three houses and a bunch of scrambling to get tickets printed. Then we contacted the radio stations and local newspaper for inclusion in the community calendar they publish for non-profit organizations. Pretty daunting, yet we've pulled it together.

This morning I got a text informing me that a fourth person wants to be on the tour. We will be able to include it with an addendum/flyer to existing tickets. We also like to have at least two if not three club members to host. Four houses and eight active members. Should be doable, BUT four of them are going to the house that has a venue on sight for entertaining (big enough for weddings). We will be serving refreshments at that place.

If you've read through this and still are willing to swing chickens, I'll gladly accept your good wishes.

Last edited:
Woudl a Costco rotisserie chicken suffice? It does sound like a lot of work, but I bet it turns out great.

Latest posts

Back