I am DuodenalSwitchaRoo's angel

Wow, she'll be 3 weeks out tomorrow. That's an awful long stay for a 2 parter :frown:
It is long, but it's a good thing they are waiting to send her home with the equipment she needs. I was supposed to be sent home with a CPAP machine, but the hospital took it away the day I left and gave me a letter asking whomever to expedite one for me because I experienced Type II Respiratory Failure post-op. I still haven't been able to obtain one and go to bed everynight quite afraid that I won't wake up. So when I saw the reason for Roo's delay, I was happy for her. At least if anything goes wrong in hospital, she'll have the medical help she needs.

I am so surprised they took away your CPAP :( Of all people who need one I would think you rank waaayyyy up there so immediately post-op!
It was very strange, but I think it was a state issue. My guess is that there was a Victorian who needed a machine, and as I'm from South Australia they didn't want to spend money from their state program on me. One of the people on their respiratory team was pretty grumpy about the fact they were going to give me a machine from Day 1. He was muttering about robbing from the rich to give to the poor when they brought me the machine!

It was very strange, but I think it was a state issue. My guess is that there was a Victorian who needed a machine, and as I'm from South Australia they didn't want to spend money from their state program on me. One of the people on their respiratory team was pretty grumpy about the fact they were going to give me a machine from Day 1. He was muttering about robbing from the rich to give to the poor when they brought me the machine!
What a jerk! I'd make a complaint to his supervisor, no one needs that shit while they're in the damn hospital :realmad:

Latest posts

Back