Hungry what to eat?

DSSteve

I m just coming off the liquid diet seven after sugary. Im tired of eggs and cream of wheat. Any suggestions for soft protein meals.

I m just coming off the liquid diet seven after sugary. Im tired of eggs and cream of wheat. Any suggestions for soft protein meals.
Sorry had more questions. What of the healthy choice soups are good to eat and can all of the veggies and noodles be eaten and tolerated well at seven days after surgery or is it too early?

Things I ate when I started soft foods included: egg drop soup (still my go-to food for funky belly), Greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, very loose egg and tuna salad (as in more mayo than meat/egg), the broth and soft parts of chunky soups (avoided potatoes and noodles assiduously but did okay with a bit of rice), a little nibble here and there of cheese.

Other people have reported doing well on mashed or refried beans (think Taco Bell beans and cheese), very squished chili, and something called ricotta fluff which you can find in our recipes section. I either hated those or they made me want to hurl.

My soft foods were mostly yogurt, tuna with mayo, my own chili (can not tolerate any Fast Food chili), bean soup with some ham flavor, my own homemade. And lots of cottage cheese.

That part of my recovery is almost a blur, it was just something I got through. I hate yogurt and cottage cheese so that made my soft food stage more difficult. I did blend some soups, I remember split pea with ham. Lost of different yogurts choked down.

Life is much better now. There are few things I can't eat!

As to Healthy Choice...watch labels on any processed soups. It's easier if you make your own and soup is not hard to make.

Did you know some soup makers add FLOUR to their soups?

Things I ate when I started soft foods included: egg drop soup (still my go-to food for funky belly), Greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, very loose egg and tuna salad (as in more mayo than meat/egg), the broth and soft parts of chunky soups (avoided potatoes and noodles assiduously but did okay with a bit of rice), a little nibble here and there of cheese.

Other people have reported doing well on mashed or refried beans (think Taco Bell beans and cheese), very squished chili, and something called ricotta fluff which you can find in our recipes section. I either hated those or they made me want to hurl.[/QUOTE
Was there a lactose intolerance issue with the pudding.

That part of my recovery is almost a blur, it was just something I got through. I hate yogurt and cottage cheese so that made my soft food stage more difficult. I did blend some soups, I remember split pea with ham. Lost of different yogurts choked down.

Life is much better now. There are few things I can't eat!
Thank you for your reply

What they said ^^^^
Plus I also blended Chinese hot and sour soup (requested it to be made NOT spicy) it has egg, tofu, and pork so it was tons of protein without wasting precious early tummy space on lots of veggies (which were hard on my insides for a long time). However, I don't think I did that until week 3 or 4. At day 7 I started eating egg drop soup, protein shakes, Greek yogurt, ricotta and sugar free pudding.

Latest posts

Back