Humapro?

Munchkin

Full of Fairy Dust
Anyone using this? One scoop or 5 PILLS is supposed to equal 28gr of protein. It's advertised as being 100% bioavailable.

But does it taste awful?

And it just sounds too good to be true. I'm going to do some more reading on this stuff too.

Am i crazy or does it not say what it's actually made of??? I see all the amino acids, and other ingredients, but what are these amino acids from, I mean, don't they have to come from a source, they're not made in a lab are they?
Scratch that^^^ I saw it's supposed to all be vegetable based. Still think it sounds weird.

I asked them if they had samples and there are none right now. They said to check back because they are trying to get some.

Yes, it's supposed to be vegan. I took a look and it seems the right amino acids are there but my biochem skills are rusty. I will ask @DianaCox to take a look.

But if it's for real, how great is this? 15 extra pills a day and you are done. Or for traveling in odd places. Or just for dieting! Even if it tastes like ass, they have PILLS! I wonder how long it would take for me to get down to a normal BMI with the pills and water. And why do I care? Just a lifelong dream...

I am not getting any notifications from BF lately - @southernlady - can you take a look and tell me why? I didn't see this until just now.
Link please? I don't know what this is - and I have to go finish making prime rib for dinner for a special guest - and go pick him up from the train station (classmate from college - we've known each other since we were 17 and 18, respectively!).

I asked them if they had samples and there are none right now. They said to check back because they are trying to get some.

Yes, it's supposed to be vegan. I took a look and it seems the right amino acids are there but my biochem skills are rusty. I will ask @DianaCox to take a look.

But if it's for real, how great is this? 15 extra pills a day and you are done. Or for traveling in odd places. Or just for dieting! Even if it tastes like ass, they have PILLS! I wonder how long it would take for me to get down to a normal BMI with the pills and water. And why do I care? Just a lifelong dream...

See? For some people (you) 15 pills is "easy," and for other people (me), the thought of 15 MORE pills, on top of all the other stuff I take sends me into a road rage type state! LOL

These intrigue me. I have put them on my wish list for Amazon. I don't mind the pills, I think they would be convenient for travel if not satiety. I usually can feel pretty satisfied for a couple of hours after a protein shake. Aren't you one of the ones who has trouble drinking shakes?

I am not getting any notifications from BF lately - @southernlady - can you take a look and tell me why? I didn't see this until just now.
Link please? I don't know what this is - and I have to go finish making prime rib for dinner for a special guest - and go pick him up from the train station (classmate from college - we've known each other since we were 17 and 18, respectively!).
Whenever! Hope you had a great meal and enjoyed your friend!

These intrigue me. I have put them on my wish list for Amazon. I don't mind the pills, I think they would be convenient for travel if not satiety. I usually can feel pretty satisfied for a couple of hours after a protein shake. Aren't you one of the ones who has trouble drinking shakes?
Mind like a steel trap! And yes, I hate the smell of those shakes. They gag me!

Mind like a steel trap! And yes, I hate the smell of those shakes. They gag me!

I am lucky in that I don't have trouble with the shakes, mind, I don't love the taste but, I can tolerate them. I start every morning with a double scoop. That way, when my stomach is empty, I know I will absorb a great boost of protein. It also solves the question of what's for breakfast. I love eggs just not everyday. Plus, I am lazy and hungry when I wake. I just want instant gratification and a shake does that for me. :cool:

I am lucky in that I don't have trouble with the shakes, mind, I don't love the taste but, I can tolerate them. I start every morning with a double scoop. That way, when my stomach is empty, I know I will absorb a great boost of protein. It also solves the question of what's for breakfast. I love eggs just not everyday. Plus, I am lazy and hungry when I wake. I just want instant gratification and a shake does that for me. :cool:
I keep shakes handy for days when nothing sounds good.
I almost ALWAYS start my morning the same way, yogurt, butter coffee. Lately, thanks to finding raw milk, I've added an 8oz glass of milk. I don't eat real food til second breakfast.

I'm sorry, but the only thing I could hear out of that whole post was "prime rib"..:devilish:

That's exactly me...except I'm NOT at all hungry when I wake. I grab a can of frosty chocolate pure protein on my way out the door to work and I drink it when I get there for breakfast.

I'm interested in this humapro too...I think if it works it might be a good way to have a boost if you're falling short on protein levels in a day. Take some of these pills in the evening to reach your goal?
I wouldn't ever rely on that daily...but an every once in a while on a tiny tummy day?

Meh - I cooked that prime rib JUST like the butcher shop said to, and it came out far too rare - I ended up finishing both my piece and my guest's in the microwave. That was $85 I could have spent on filet mignon instead.

So, I found this website http://www.nutraplanet.com/products/alri/humapro.html, and it's so full of bullshit I don't even know where to start:

The Protein
We nanosized certain EAA's so all 8 EAA's pass through the GI and into the body at the same rate to assure that all 8 EAA's are present at the protein receptors at the same time.​
Nanosized?? WTF does that mean?? They are amino acids - very small molecules already. They are the minimal unit - there's no such thing as "nanosizing" the smalest unit. Protein receptors?? WTF does that mean? There are amino acid receptors - but if they knew WTF they were talking about, they would know that - see, e.g. http://jonbarron.org/article/physiology-small-intestine-part-2#.VOaurvnF98E:
Proteins
After digestion, the proteins consumed in our food have been broken down into single amino acids, dipeptides, and tripeptides. These protein "pieces" are actively transported across the duodenum and jejunum. In fact, the mechanism by which amino acids are absorbed is virtually identical to that of monosaccharides, but takes place in different receptor sites. Amino acids are transported by sodium through nutrient gateways built into the cell walls of enterocytes. Dipeptides and tripeptides, on the other hand, are transported in a similar manner, but with hydrogen, not sodium, as the transporter. Again, since we're talking about active transport involving the use of ATP, varying amounts of energy are required in the absorption of proteins.

It should be noted that as with carbohydrates, the transporter receptor sites are specific to amino acids and specific to different types of amino acids. In fact, there are several sodium-dependent amino acid transporters -- including one each for acidic, basic, and neutral amino acids. Once again, these transporters bind their specific amino acids only after binding sodium. The fully loaded transporter then dumps sodium and the amino acid into the cell's cytoplasm, followed by its reorientation back to its outward facing position.​

So, what they wrote is BS. Next:
HumaPro® starts with a specific vegetable origin 8 essential amino acid (EAAs) formulation that takes into account the exact HUMAN enzymic conversion of, and utilization rates for, all amino acids the body needs for optimal health.​

The whole point of EAAs is that there are amino acids we can't synthesize. However - there are NINE that are essential, not 8: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_amino_acid

And:
The human body makes literally thousands of amino acids from the 8 EAAs so they must be in the right ratios for the right conversion rates.​
Say what?? The human body makes thousands of PROTEINS from NINE essential amino acids PLUS the 11 non-essential ones (the ones the body can make from breaking down other molecules and synthesizing the amino acids in the right proportions.

So, what else are we supposed to believe that they are saying?

I hadn't seen that website before. MAYBE it's a non technical, technical writer, writing for the non-technical? Sort of like listening to a friend who failed biology explain how the body uses carbohydrates.

I want this stuff to be good dammit! On 15 pills a day even *I* could become a stick figure.

Latest posts

Back