Hi, I'm Stephanie

SCStxRN

I'm a new sleeve from Texas... I found this group while looking for rules for after VSG surgery; having opted to have my surgery in Mexico there isn't an in person support group for me to be a part of - so the boards that I am a member of kind of help fill that void, in addition to ongoing research and email support from my surgery team.

I'm in my 30's, a mom of 4 kids, a nurse in grad school, and a wife. I am the only WLS in my family, but I work with several of them. :)

Hi Stephanie!
very glad you found us. how are you feeling? any trouble getting in enough liquid? that's the first thing.

:rainbowwelcome:

For the most part, I feel amazing. I developed a seroma that caused one of my incisions to partially open... But it is healing nicely. I find myself weirdly inspired to exercise and loving all my dance cardio DVDs.

I actually worry a little that I have no problem getting fluids in... I am a water addict and to go through 20 oz bottles over an hour or two seems to be my norm. Protein is being. Little more challenging because I am just not hungry.

Welcome to the group. Are you drinking to much water? Maybe get in a bit more Protein first then the fluids. What part of Texas are you in?
Maybe you can go to a local group. I attend one held by a different Dr. as I traveled for surgery as well.

Best,
Whitney

I do... And I am trying. Most taste disgusting, and the one I found that doesn't is out of stock.

I get kidney stones if I drink less than a gallon a day... Preop I drank closer to three gal a day... I get in my 4 meals with 2 oz protein, but then sleevie wonder gets mad if I try to put any more in. She is almost always ok with water though.

Latest posts

Back