Hi from NC!

LoveMyOTTB

I guess I am quite the old veteran by now. I had my DS with Dr. Elariny in 2002. So I am already 12 years out. How can that be?

I am one of those annoying people who was active on forums for a year or two, then, as I got used to this new life and maintenance, just finally started living and haven't had any online presence on any bariatric sites for ages. My labs are run regularly, usually yearly now unless something in need of tweaking pops up, and everything is good.

I heard something about the "new DS" (SADI), and was directed here. I am satisfied that the DS was still the best option for me, then and now. So hi! Anything new that I need to know?

Welcome! This place is awesome! We have some very interesting and smart people. I agree with Liz above that it is wonderful you have had a normal life. Probably wouldn't have been so normal without the DS. It is wonderful and life saving is wonderful.

Welcome! There are some threads on the SADI. At this point it looks to me like it will be perhaps better than the RNY but not as good as a DS. But time will tell for sure!

Hello & glad you showed up. I have two questions - is that your horse? :geek: and what does OTTB mean?

:rainbowwelcome:

That is my former horse of eight years. The DS has allowed me to return to the true love of my life which is riding, something not even to be considered at 368! My back (and age) has not allowed me to put up with her extreme hot bloodedness and spooky shenanigans any more, but I still love her dearly. My new horse is an old soul, doesn't blink at much but still has the athleticism to do what I want. Here she is, isn't she cute?

image.jpg

Both of them are OTTB's, which stands for "off the track Thoroughbreds", retired race horses, in other words. Isn't life grand when you can follow your passion, unencumbered by weight! :thankyou:

@LoveMyOTTB Your horses are beautiful.

I live over near the home of the Blockhouse Steeplechase. We heard yesterday that this year as part of the pre-celebration of the races, the Budweiser Clydesdales are coming into the small town of Landrum, SC (5 miles south of me). Definitely horse country over here! Too bad my back is such that horseback riding is completely off the list of activities according to my spine surgeon.

My aunt owns six Shires... if I could have gotten on the biggest one, I could have ridden him even at 400 pounds! No way could I get on, though, haha.

Latest posts

Back