Hi everyone

Welcome @writegirl ! Glad you are here! Lots of quality information and genuine support to be found in these pages. Looking forward to following your journey! Ditto what Hillary said. DS is awesome - wish I had been brave enough to do it in my 30's instead of my 50's. Live and learn, I suppose...

hey @writegirl and welcome! I am in east TN and Dr B was my surgeon. the office actually increases your protein goal each time you go based on labs and weight loss. Currently I am supposed to hit 150G a day so yeah, way more than 60. :)

I am little late to the welcome part - was a busy weekend. All that 'resting' :) This is a great place and lots of good info. I use the bookmark option a lot - when you are reading something that you think you may need for later - save it. it is a lot easier to find later.

go vols!

Welcome @writegirl ! Glad you are here! Lots of quality information and genuine support to be found in these pages. Looking forward to following your journey! Ditto what Hillary said. DS is awesome - wish I had been brave enough to do it in my 30's instead of my 50's. Live and learn, I suppose...

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

hey @writegirl and welcome! I am in east TN and Dr B was my surgeon. the office actually increases your protein goal each time you go based on labs and weight loss. Currently I am supposed to hit 150G a day so yeah, way more than 60. :)

I am little late to the welcome part - was a busy weekend. All that 'resting' :) This is a great place and lots of good info. I use the bookmark option a lot - when you are reading something that you think you may need for later - save it. it is a lot easier to find later.

go vols!

It's great to meet another patient of Dr. B and an East Tennessean! Thank you for the tips and the welcome. I look forward to learning more about your journey. I'm glad that he kicks up the protein. I figured he must and maybe I heard him incorrectly during my visit. There was a lot of information to take in :)

So, obviously I'm new and I've been prompted to say hello *waves* :) I'm in the early stages in my WLS journey and nervous about the whole process. I've been assured by my surgeon's office that I have good insurance and it should cover wls "very well," but I'm still nervous about any glitches that might arise. My surgeon said I am a great candidate for a sleeve or DS. I am leaning toward DS (I think) because I'm afraid of regain and I know my chances are better for sustaining WL with the DS.

Still, this is all quite overwhelming! Hope y'all are having a great weekend.

~Tori

Hi there. I would definitely encourage you to research both based on your needs. I can tell you now after two restrictive only procedures (first lap-band, later VSG) I really wish I would have started with DS. Because my BMI was on the lower end I think I just assumed I didnt need that invasive of a procedure. Best of luck whatever you decide.

Hi there. I would definitely encourage you to research both based on your needs. I can tell you now after two restrictive only procedures (first lap-band, later VSG) I really wish I would have started with DS. Because my BMI was on the lower end I think I just assumed I didnt need that invasive of a procedure. Best of luck whatever you decide.
Dr k wrote a good piece on "less invasive procedures". Nothing more invasive than having to have a second procedure because the first one doesn't work, not to mention a VSG is definitely plenty invasive.

Sorry you had to have two procedures.

Latest posts

Back