Hello! I'm now ready to seriously consider a revision from RNY to DS.

Webmommy

Dr. A is a very skilled surgeon. The reason that Dr.K is usually a first choice is that he probably has the most experience with some of the most difficult revisions out there. That’s not to say others aren’t good but I do know of at least one fucked up SADI patient that Dr. A turned down and Dr. K was able to fix. BTW, she got the SADI under false pretenses. Her original surgeon told her he was gonna do a DS but her operative report showed he lied to her.

All the surgeons on the vetted list maintained here are there cause they do an excellent job.
Well I want to reiterate that the OP was questioning my calling Ayoola pretty good when she was asking for feedback about Dr. Ayoola and why we chose him. He is the best in this region which is DFW. But there's no doubt that Dr. K is the best especially with complicated cases.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Well I want to reiterate that the OP was questioning my calling Ayoola pretty good when she was asking for feedback about Dr. Ayoola and why we chose him. He is the best in this region which is DFW. But there's no doubt that Dr. K is the best especially with complicated cases.
I think the term "pretty good" was her issue. Not everyone uses it the same way. It's kinda like the phrase "bless your heart", it all depends on situation AND TONE used.

Dr. A is an excellent option. Hell, so is my surgeon, Dr. Boyce for the RNY to DS revision. The entire list stands out head and shoulder above most other surgeons. But if I had to rank the top, Dr. K and Dr. Rabkin would be in first and second place...with very little difference between them.

GrammyLuLu

Hello chiming in here! I had my RNY to DS surgery done by Dr. Simper in Ut and Dr. McKinley assisted! I am just about 18 months out and am very happy with my lenghts 100/150 I have lost about 110 lbs and still losing. I traveled from AZ to UT for my surgery. To reiterate what everyone else has said "do your homework and choose the best dr for YOU"
Best of luck!!

Charris

Hello chiming in here! I had my RNY to DS surgery done by Dr. Simper in Ut and Dr. McKinley assisted! I am just about 18 months out and am very happy with my lenghts 100/150 I have lost about 110 lbs and still losing. I traveled from AZ to UT for my surgery. To reiterate what everyone else has said "do your homework and choose the best dr for YOU"
Best of luck!!
Hello i am/was one of the first rny to ds in the group. I too live in AZ and I used Dr. Ara Keshishian i can get in the car and be in his office in 5 hours if i obey the rules of the road. Lol How far is Dr Simper and what part of AZ are you in?

GrammyLuLu

Hello i am/was one of the first rny to ds in the group. I too live in AZ and I used Dr. Ara Keshishian i can get in the car and be in his office in 5 hours if i obey the rules of the road. Lol How far is Dr Simper and what part of AZ are you in?
Hello!! Dr Simper is in Salt Lake City if we drive its an 11 hour drive but only about a 90 minute flight. My address is in Phoenix but were pretty close to Laveen. I work in Downtown Phoenix!