Hello from Atlanta, GA

Hi everyone! Just wanted to give an update of my pre-op journey. I have scheduled several of my pre-op clearance appts. By June 9th I will have completed my pyshc eval, nutritionist appt, PFT and cardiology clearance. Per my patient advocate, when I go in for my nutritionist appt on May 27th, I will then be scheduled for my EDG and lab work. So excited!! I will continue to keep you guys posted!

Hello to you! I am also in the ATL-more specifically Marietta. It seem really fast for me, I was doing the nutritional path with the same Dr office but it just was not working, sooo, I switched Dr.'s and programs. All my previous stuff, meal logging, etc. counts, and I managed to get all my pre - surgery appointments done so quickly! If there was a cancellation, I jumped in! Now, it feel like it is all happening so fast....because it is!
June 3 is my day.

Hello to you! I am also in the ATL-more specifically Marietta. It seem really fast for me, I was doing the nutritional path with the same Dr office but it just was not working, sooo, I switched Dr.'s and programs. All my previous stuff, meal logging, etc. counts, and I managed to get all my pre - surgery appointments done so quickly! If there was a cancellation, I jumped in! Now, it feel like it is all happening so fast....because it is!
June 3 is my day.

Hi neighbor! Congrats on scheduling your surgery date! I believe the process, whether fast or slow, mostly depends on your insurance company (unless you self-pay, of course). I have BCBS of IL and they do not require meal logging or the 6 month nutritional path prior to approval. And yes, this process is going a lot quicker than I ever anticipated that it would. My initial consultation with my surgeon was April 21st. I have completed my cardiology clearance appt. (May 13th), psych eval. (May 14th); my nutritionist appt. is scheduled for May 27th. On June 9th I will complete my PFT and lab work. Moving right along!!

Congrats again on your fast approaching surgery date! Praying all goes well for you!!

Latest posts

Back