Has anyone had to have a stent put in due to strictures

I answered your email. I am glad to see this post and I am hoping that @DianaCox or someone knows someone who can help get you some answers. You know I am praying and hoping Dr. Scott can get to the bottom of this.

After Dr Scott reviewed the upper GI today he was satisfied with the out come as long as I can hold liquids down tonight I should get to go home tomorrow then see him in the office on Monday. So praying everything stays where it is suppose to.

Maybe there is some nerve damage that is going to need some time to calm down. @Larra? Does this sound a little like what you had (gastroparesis)?

Just had my 3rd surgery in a week the went in today and removed the stent that they placed last Tuesday. My stomach feels so much better without it they did another upper GI today after surgery and thing were moving slowly but at least it is moving so lets hope that it works and the surgeries are over.

Just had my 3rd surgery in a week the went in today and removed the stent that they placed last Tuesday. My stomach feels so much better without it they did another upper GI today after surgery and thing were moving slowly but at least it is moving so lets hope that it works and the surgeries are over.
I sure hope this was the answer for you! Keep us posted.

Nope, doesn't sound like what I had...sounds much worse. I hope the third surgery does the trick. Did they say what they found, if anything, to explain the problem?

Nope, doesn't sound like what I had...sounds much worse. I hope the third surgery does the trick. Did they say what they found, if anything, to explain the problem?

Same thing I was wondering @Larra. My GI doc, Dr.B and Dr.K didn't really know with me until Dr. K did the open surgery. Sheila has had three EGD's this week. I don't believe Dr. Scott has done an open exploratory to see what might be causing her problem. I am of course hoping that what she has been through this week will clear everything up.

Last edited:
What they have said is that I have a stricture inside my stomach where it is very rare and unusual for a person to get one. He said most of the time they are higher up or they are at the connection point but this is in a strange place if this does not fix the problem then he will have to go back in and remove the stricture. I had only had the stent for one week and it had already caused a sore so they had to give me medicine to take before meals to coat my stomach. There has been no pain today since surgery and no bloating or nausea first time in 2 weeks yea!

Latest posts

Back