Half of Excess Weight GONE! (50% EWL!) :)

more2adore

As of today, I'm officially more than halfway to goal. :) Which, given I had 375 pounds of excess weight to lose, is pretty awesome. :) While the goal weight I picked (225) isn't written in stone, it's 100 pounds less than what I even weighed in high school, so the difference it would make to my life to be that size would be enormous. Also, I think it's a reasonable/realistic eventual goal, given my starting weight. And I'm SUPER CLOSE to being in the 300s, which would just be INCREDIBLE for me. I think I'll cry when it happens.

My start weight: 600 pounds
VSG weight: 488.2 pounds
Now (Week 17 Post-Op): 406.8 pounds

I don't *think* I shared this here yet, so here's my most recent comparison pic. I anticipate taking new comparison pics when I hit the 300s. :) And of course, the one on the left isn't even my highest weight - I think I was somewhere between 525 & 550 pounds in that pic on the left.

11722513_10100215522333370_2120190556192240791_o.jpg

I already am, hahaha. The most inches I've lost have been in the boobs and I've already had to order new bras...which were backordered... and by the time I get them they probably won't fit anymore, lol. Also, it's the one place I can REALLY notice loose skin that doesn't just snap back - on the sides of them. WHEEEE. #wlsproblems. :) Fortunately hubs doesn't care!

Congratulations - super amazing loss! I'm celebrating for your knees and joints in particular! I also should add that you have such a lovely countenance and smile that you make every photo glow.

I am seriously impressed. You have done some hard work! The pics are right there and the difference is dramatic.

What about the rest of the story? Do you feel better? Increased mobility, etc? Are you enjoying being a more 'normal' sized woman? To you what are the good and bad points of losing that much weight? Are you adjusting well?

We are different. I never had a fat cell I didn't loathe, hate, and despise. I hated every single day of being fat. You OTOH were a kinder more gentler individual who believed in body acceptance. Your size was just part of who you were. How are you coping with that and have you retained your identity or lost more than the number on the scale? Has your weight loss changed your relationships?

I know these are personal questions and if you would prefer not to answer, I understand!

Celebrating with you! Really, really proud!

And I have to agree with Hilary that you glow in each photo.
So I too would love to know the rest of your story as munchkin inquired.
What you've shared already is such an encouragement!
All the best in your journey to continue :thumbsup:

Nickie

Latest posts

Back