Had My Second Reclast Infusion Friday 11.7.14

aaa

Recapping the first infusion: it was rough. 102F. for almost 5 days, fainted twice the first night, headache, no appetite, etc., plus my calcium level dropped to the floor so I was on calcitriol for 2 months. I basically slept and had no energy for about 2 months.

It was supposed to be much easier this time. Sorry to report it hasn't been. I guess I'm just one of the unlucky ones. My temperature has been between 100.5 - 101.5 since Saturday at 2AM. Terrible headache. Sweating and freezing. Just awful. At least the joints aches have lessened. Hopefully, I won't need the calcitriol again as my calcium and Vit. D3 bloods were very good preop. I'll know when bloods are taken late this week.

More when I feel better.

Last edited:
Huge bummer :-(. I was so hoping that your experience would be similar to mine. I'll look forward to hearing what other/additional plans you develop going forward.

Elizabeth, I was counting on it and was so disappointed it wasn't. I really was caught by surprise.

Fever is down to 100F. today but still have that headache even w/aspirin or Advil. And at least I wasn't soaked last night. Just damp, lol.

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. I appreciate it and I am better than I was! At least I'm headed in the right direction. I have to go out by Thursday; no matter what.

Finally got out today. Exhausted, of course. Bloods tomorrow.

Elizabeth, I'm waking up at night soaked. Didn't have that at all the first time. Did you have this at all?

Latest posts

Back