GRRRR....

marissamast

3X to small in 13 mos. Love my DS
So, after my surgery, my surgeon told me to quit taking all my medicines except my antidepressant and thyroid. So I did. Except my meloxicam for my knees. He (Steven Simper) doesn't do blood work until 1 year after surgery
I had to have blood work done last week for a discount program with my insurance and low and behold!! my triglycerides are almost double what they were 6 months ago. I AM SO ANGRY! Why would he tell me to quit taking my cholesterol meds and then not check me for a year!? If I hadn't had this blood work done I would have been in BAD shape! Eff them. I am sticking with my PCP to take care of me. Dr Simper is a great surgeon with absolutely NO pre care or after care and absolutely NO bedside manner. All advice he gives is steered towards RNY surgeries. I just want to punch somebody! They kicked me off their forum for contradicting..WITH PROOF...something they said about DS needing the same 70/30 diet as RNY and my surgeon said I only needed a couple of good multivitamins with ADEKs in them, and I would be fine. I posted that wasn't true and they booted me

Well, you are finally on the right page. Quit thinking about your surgeon, go to your PCP. I have my primary order all the tests I need and he has done all follow up. Easy!

About your triglycerides, they may still come down. Mine were perfect with no meds by a few months post op.

Sometimes being a squeaky wheel gets you flattened BUT do NOT give up...get your PCP to pull all your labs. IF you need a lab slip, there is one located here.

The hard part of this is that there are people still in that group who WON'T get good follow up and then wonder what in the hell happened. You can't save everyone...

Latest posts

Back