Got my labs back

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
I just had my yearly labs pulled...I hit three years this week.

I do not remember all of them but I do remember:
Vit K is very low normal so increasing that from 1 1000 mg a day to 2 of them.
Vit D, is 89 (lab is 30-100) and while NOT low, it is trending DOWN. Back in May I tested at 112 on 50 K every day and 100K once a week. So I will be adding a second 50K every other week.
With NO extra supplementing (other than 3 multis a day) my B12 is still over 2000.
My B6 is a bit on the high side of the middle of the range. Not high but worth keeping an eye on.
My ferritin is 50 so adding a second proferrin daily.
Vit A & E are on the high side of normal.
PTH is on the low side of normal (exactly where I need it to be)
Calcium is fine.

I am still testing in the pre-diabetic range...I hope this eventually resolves. But the DS is not 100% resolution of diabetes. The good news is I am aware...and my PCP didn't even consider it an issue.

All he said in the note to his staff which they sent to me:
Labs look ok
K is borderline low
She will probably want copies

I'm posting a copy of them. Gina (MajorMom) checked them for me...sent her a copy of them. She agreed with my plan and she was the one who suggested the extra iron.

Okay, what I have been taking for the last year:
3 Kirkland Daily multi's
3 Fiber
1 Vitalady calcium citrate (yes I know...and yes, just one)
1 Proferrin ES
1 Vitalady Dry D3 50K every day and an extra one on Sat
1 K 1000 units
Also a PPI and a probiotic.

Remember, *I* am tweaking based on MY lab work.

Newbies, this is not what you should take.

Also, I have a 175 cc common channel so that factors in to it as well!

Attachments

• LizJan2014Labs.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
Congrats on three years Liz! Hoping your pre-diabetic status resolves by next lab draw.

The more I read lab results, the (slightly) less intimidating the subject feels. Thanks for posting yours, Liz. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees labs and wishes we could just trust our docs (yes, I know that's stupid).

Learning to advocate for ourselves and adjust supplementation based on the collective wisdom and experience here is one more of the many unusual and important aspects of these particular boards. Congrats on your overall labs and thanks again for sharing them even though you already have the resources to get help interpreting them privately. Priceless.

Thanks for posting these. It was a big help. You're doing so well. I am also hoping that your Pre-D status will resolve:). You've made a lot of progress with the diabetes.
It also helped to see how you are tweaking your vites. I am a lil unsure of how exactly dosages are to be altered (as in what dose, how many times a week etc.) once you receive your labs. I'd think it's trial and error, with help from a good PCP (without passively relying on whatever they say, of course) and more importantly support on here from experienced DS'ers. It is a bit intimidating, though. :)

Again, congrats on 3 successful DS years. Wishing you continued success.

Wouldn't your D be lower in the winter, anyway? Just being outside less and all. Or maybe you never go outside anyway, so maybe it's irrelevant. Just a thought.

Wouldn't your D be lower in the winter, anyway? Just being outside less and all. Or maybe you never go outside anyway, so maybe it's irrelevant. Just a thought.
I avoid going outside in the summer as skin cancer runs in my family.

Last Jan my D was 157. I was doing 100K every day...so I dropped it down to 50K every day and 100 K three times a week...got it to 140, so I dropped it again to what was my current routine til the other day of 50K every day except Sat when it's 100K...that settled it down to 112 but even on that dose I kept trending down.

I avoid going outside in the summer as skin cancer runs in my family.

Last Jan my D was 157. I was doing 100K every day...so I dropped it down to 50K every day and 100 K three times a week...got it to 140, so I dropped it again to what was my current routine til the other day of 50K every day except Sat when it's 100K...that settled it down to 112 but even on that dose I kept trending down.
Ah, then, yeah, makes sense you'd add another dose in there.

Latest posts

Back