Got my approval !!

Congrats - and I would NOT plan on being able to work full time or be more than 50' away from a toilet for the first month, and the second part of that for at least 2 months. YMMV, but I wouldn't PLAN on it.

Thanks everyone !! I'm excited and scared. Not of surgery, had plenty of those, but of the new way of living after the surgery. Been doing therapy for a few months as a learning tool. I want to have my head in the best place it can be. Still weaning myself off Diet dew and trying to eat and drink slower. I'm guessing some things you just have to experience after surgery, like having incredibly small portions and figuring out what a "sip" truly is but otherwise I believe I'm prepared thanks to reading about 1 million old posts :)

Congratulations!!!! Very excited for you and looking forward to reading news of your progress! :)

I am a contractor, I own and will have at least 5 trucks on the road for Christmas. I'm hoping after 2 weeks to be able to stop at terminal for 1-2 hrs a day in the morning. Think that is realistic? Or will I be managing by phone? No lifting, just talking to drivers and arranging which driver goes where.

I could have done that but I would have gone home for a LONG nap, followed by a forced soft meal and then slept through to the next day.

You will probably need to play it safe with your food choices. For example, no spice. In my first month I played with many different spice mixtures to see if I could deal with any of them. I found one or two. However, if I would have needed to be "ON", I would not have taken the risk. Generally I didn't have gastric distress, but more of acid - icky type feeling that could keep me from sleeping for hours.

No matter what you do, that first month is not going to be very awesome, but yours will be worse. Since it is only a few weeks it is probably worth it. IF you have no complications, it will probably be fine.

Been so excited forgot to post. 11-11-14 will be my surgery date for DS. Now it's crazy time - Getting my ducks in a row for the Christmas season at FedEx and preparing for surgery, it's going to go super fast when concentrating on both things.

I've got my starting vites (thanks to all the vets and their old posts), monthly pill organizer, assorted pre-mixed and unmade protein drinks, support from my wife and kids, and all of you. Thanks for so far…...

View attachment 334

So awwwwesome! So awwwwwwwwwwwwweeeesommmmeee! Doing a happy dance for you right now. Boom chikka wow wooowww!

Latest posts

Back