Gall Bladder Attacks with No Gall Bladder?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I saw the liver doctor today and she is going to have me do more bloodwork to test for Primary sclerosing cholangitis. She also said she was going to talk to my GI doctor and a radiologist about doing an MRI on my biliary tree but she was concerned about my spinal cord stimulator implant and I said that the spacers in my spine from my fusion might be the bigger issue. My SCS is MRI compatible. We’ll see what happens. If not then a CT scan with contrast will have to do. I had a biopsy of my liver during my DS and she doesn’t think that has changed since then but she would let me know if that will become necessary.

Here’s her explanation of the reasons why I have elevated liver enzymes and pain. I appreciated the notation because for awhile it was sounding there wasn’t anymore to be done and I am stuck like this.

Attachments

• E4578743-9669-4196-B94E-794E4D20E223.jpeg
    E4578743-9669-4196-B94E-794E4D20E223.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 11
oh, dear, I have never heard of that but whatever happens, I hope they find out something that will help.

:5grouphug:
Me neither and I didn’t google it right away because I didn’t want to freak myself out. Now I am thinking well maybe sphincter of oddi syndrome isn’t so bad!!! Or maybe it’ll all go away?! But I am so unlucky and I already have two rare orphan diseases. Perhaps I just need some digestive enzymes or something.

Thanks for the well wishes!

So my liver enzymes are normal now!! The The extra bloodwork for the liver is normal too. Now just waiting to see when the MRI is next. Hopefully it won’t be so cost prohibitive between BCBS and my Medicare.

I heard back and since my liver enzymes and the autoimmune tests are normal, she’s wants me to return back in six months to repeat it. I also am not having any gall bladder “attacks” anymore. So maybe whatever it was worked its way out? I hope this is the end of it because we want to TRY and have another baby and pregnancy is stressful to the liver. I just don’t want any extra surprises.

I heard back and since my liver enzymes and the autoimmune tests are normal, she’s wants me to return back in six months to repeat it. I also am not having any gall bladder “attacks” anymore. So maybe whatever it was worked its way out? I hope this is the end of it because we want to TRY and have another baby and pregnancy is stressful to the liver. I just don’t want any extra surprises.
I hope this is the end of it too! And the beginning of the right kind of surprise. :)

Latest posts

Back