Fistula complication.

CristyA

I am curious to know others experiences when this was found before a revision to DS from RNY.

Is it even still possible?

I will be speaking with the surgeon once all the other Preop tests are in. I don’t have pre-approval from my insurance yet either.

Larra

Have you actually been diagnosed as having a fistula? If so, this could be your ticket to a revision, as it's a technical complication from your old RNY that can only be remedied with surgery. Make sure your potential surgeon knows about it.

CristyA

Yes, I had an EGD. I actually have 2 fístulas connecting my pouch to the old stomach. The surgeon was the one who ordered the test.

Charris

Good luck. I was one of the 1st revisions from rny to ds. It can be done. Take a look at the vetted dr list who do real DS and not that unproven sips surgery

Settledownnow

I am a RNY to DS and had a fistula but that was not known until I was on the operating table. Everything is very individualized -- it will depend on your insurance, type of fistula, surgeon, etc. Be sure to only go to an experienced RNY to DS surgeon as it is a very difficult and specialized surgery. This may mean you have to travel out of state.

CristyA

I am a RNY to DS and had a fistula but that was not known until I was on the operating table. Everything is very individualized -- it will depend on your insurance, type of fistula, surgeon, etc. Be sure to only go to an experienced RNY to DS surgeon as it is a very difficult and specialized surgery. This may mean you have to travel out of state.
Yes, I am seeing Dr Ayoola. He is on the list. I am traveling from AZ to TX. I’m just impatiently waiting to to hear back from his office after all the testing he ordered. I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask what others have been through.