Feeling a little smug as I eat dinner...

ProteinSnob

At this time last year, I was hoping for approval and so frustrated with the fact that I was gaining weight, despite eating very little calories. My RNY surgery had failed and my crazy blood sugar issues were driving me nuts.

Tonight, dinner is a ground sirloin patty with cheese, green chili, avocado, bacon, and onions.

I will get on the scale tomorrow and will have probably lost more weight.

I am enjoying the hell out of this dinner and feeling less regret over the DS these days.

Does anyone else ever think about their old diets and just smile as they eat dinner?

Feck yes......except when I eat shite then not so much. I mostly eat lovely DS food though and wonder how the other half live.

I primarily eat a paleo diet. You can get good examples on Pinterest of this sort of thing.

Today I've marinated chicken overnight in spices and yoghurt and made chicken tikka masala with brown basmati rice. For breakfast I've had two poached eggs on wheat free bread with loads and loads of butter. For dinner I'll likely have my leftovers from my chicken slow cooking.

The rice and bread are very hit or miss. I do better without both but today I'm being indulgent before heading back to the rigs tomorrow.

You can simply paleo into very low carb/ no processed food or flours, veg, nuts and lots and lots of animal and plant fats. I am very happy eating this way.

Latest posts

Back