Enhanced Malabsorbtion and No Carbs

After 16 pages of all me all the time, it's reflection time. It has been a year since I started this thread. 1 year. I have been pretty damn good with the low carbing. All in all I would have to say it's been successful. It would be wrong to NOT weigh today, so I did. I have lost 30lbs.

Great results for me. Less than average for a normie. And pretty dismal compared to most DSers. But, I have never been normal when it comes to the ability to lose weight. And I certainly did not get a great DS but it's still better than I would have done without it. I am now in the home stretch. 6 months to Medicare and hopefully hernia surgery. I don't think the diet has actually made my hernia any worse but losing weight has made me look more pregnant. My arms and the panni look like Hell!

Next, the gummy bears. They do work. But for me, they work short term. I must report that over the months my body has adapted and I have to eat more of them to get that laxative effect. In a year I have eaten about 7lbs total. I don't eat them every day and I did run out for several weeks once. My best guess is that if I laid off the sugar alcohols completely for 6 months or so I would probably reset my poop-o-meter and start over. There is no doubt that I tolerate them much more than I did in the beginning. But they still taste good and I enjoy them a lot more than say, psyllium or regular old laxatives.

Most days, my fitbit is happy. I tend to exercise a lot more when it's not Summer. I still need to work on gaining muscle and that's not easy when you are old. I did get a lot of yard work done simply because it was there and it encouraged me to exercise. I have a few tons of rock to move next. And the palms do look a lot better. I still have a big tree to trim and some stumps to work on. I just need to get motivated to do it.

I started this thread to sort of force myself to be accountable. I wanted to make it harder for me to blow it off than continue. I am usually a pretty private person and it is not like me to hang out all my dirty laundry for the world to see. As much as I don't LIKE doing it, I have to admit it works. And I need to thank all of you for sticking with me through 16 pages of word vomit! Thanks!

Short term, I plan to lay low through the 4th then make my move into the home stretch! I MIGHT actually make it. You know, I have never reached a goal weight in my life. The odds are against me but I keep on fighting. I am an idiot!

I started this thread to sort of force myself to be accountable. I wanted to make it harder for me to blow it off than continue. I am usually a pretty private person and it is not like me to hang out all my dirty laundry for the world to see. As much as I don't LIKE doing it, I have to admit it works. And I need to thank all of you for sticking with me through 16 pages of word vomit! Thanks!

hey, whatever works for you! congratulations on the 30 pound loss, that's great. :)

Between the hernia and the panni, I am seriously misshapen. I always think I am fatter than I am. Put on a pair of navy pants tonight, was thrilled they fit and were comfortable. Not loose and not tight. When I got home I looked at the tag. Women's small. Size 4/6.

If I got rid of the hernia and the panni, I MIGHT start to look human.

Between the hernia and the panni, I am seriously misshapen. I always think I am fatter than I am. Put on a pair of navy pants tonight, was thrilled they fit and were comfortable. Not loose and not tight. When I got home I looked at the tag. Women's small. Size 4/6.

If I got rid of the hernia and the panni, I MIGHT start to look human.

Try to get the hernia fixed. You may find you have more restriction after it is repaired. Doesn't your insurance cover hernia repair?

If you want to use a surgeon outside of your local area, or for that matter, be able to travel, spring for a Medicare Supplement, rather than Advantage plan.

If you want to use a surgeon outside of your local area, or for that matter, be able to travel, spring for a Medicare Supplement, rather than Advantage plan.
What did you pick? Keep in mind that I can't afford to travel like you do! It's only the first and my budget for July is ruined. I had to pay for 4 new shocks/struts.

Latest posts

Back