DS Prejudice

I saw a pulmonologist, cardiologist and my general practitioner and the only one who made even a slightly negative comment was my GP. She just wondered why I didn't do the sleeve and chose something so drastic (malabsorption). I explained I was worried about regaining in five years AND when I lose my mobility. Then she was fine. They all know my family history because they were also my mom's doctors and see this as a way to avoid the same serious health problems. Really not a single one of them actually knew what the surgery was. Not really.

But should any of them including my GI get all funny I can always find someone else. I prefer to see this as weeding out the undesirables! That includes people in my life who might act ugly when I am no longer fat and that changes the dynamics of our relationship.
My endocrinologist was fine, but I asked him to sign my letter of med. nec. my 2nd time seeing him, ever. He didn't even care which surgery I was having, just that I was having it. lol. My cardiologist was ok, he's pretty chill and didn't pretend to know much about any of them. Dreading my Primary (who I've been seeing for 8 years) and this new pulmonologist, but I don't care what she says as long as she clears me.

Then she told me the DS has gone out of favor because of its high complication rate and extreme side-effects. I started to try to explain to her the extensive research I've done really doesn't support that claim. Her response "well sounds like you're the expert."

she said this sarcastically?
The bonus?!?! The last time I saw her she said she had used my lab sheet on two other WLS peeps. Sure, they were RNYers but they were many years out and hadn't seen a Dr at all since newly preop. So, by my taking the time to lay down the law, so to speak, I was able to influence the health of strangers for the better

that's so wonderful!!! good for you, Roo

Here’s the letter for the PCP:

Wow. Thank you so much for this. I learned something I hadn’t thought about-the bowel obstruction. So belly pain, like severe, is the indication? How do you differentiate between this and just super painful gas?

Start shopping for a new, young, female doctor. Just in case yours cannot pull her own head out of her ass. Its up to YOU to interpret your lab results. She will have no clue.

Start shopping for a new, young, female doctor. Just in case yours cannot pull her own head out of her ass. Its up to YOU to interpret your lab results. She will have no clue.
For sure. I haven’t seen my PCP yet, so I just hope she will agree to at least order my labs. This was my GI doc who I had to see for some preop testing.

Latest posts

Back