Dr Brain

Duckman

Professional fool
Saw a psych for the first time

she says I have major depression (duh)

PTSD due to childhood. Never thought of it that way, but agreed

ADHD undiagnosed due to above

new drug regime starts in ten hours. let’s see how it goes

Good luck! If you feel nothing, no highs, no lows, just numb, know there are different drugs you can try. Keep a journal so you know how they affect you. Good luck!

I've been on citalopram for a while. She switched me to Lexapro (escitalopram). Lower dose of bupropion. I just need relief. I have so many apologies to make

I've been on citalopram for a while. She switched me to Lexapro (escitalopram). Lower dose of bupropion. I just need relief. I have so many apologies to make
Ya know...I don’t think the goal of treatment is to throw you into unrelenting guilt. So first, apologize to yourself for having subjected YOU to such a rough taskmaster.

yeah, my older sister says the same thing. you have to forgive yourself, blah blah blah

I hear it

but I don't hear it

yeah, my older sister says the same thing. you have to forgive yourself, blah blah blah

I hear it

but I don't hear it

About 50 years ago, I said...to a shrink...something like, “I’m not any more demanding of them than I am of myself.”

To which he responded, “You’re getting warmer.”

So...and you are not expected to be perfect about this either...of all the people you could have treated better, the only one you have to deal with forever and the only one whose response to your apology you have any control over (I have chosen to forgive myself for that dangling preposition), is you.

Now that I’m 72, I accept that I’ve made MANY mistakes and poor decisions, and those have made me the occasionally okay person I am now. I TRY to improve...but if I try and fail...or fail to try in some cases...that merely means I’m only occasionally okay, as opposed to perfect. It is possible to be good with that.

I switched from 150mg Wellbutrin from Aetna to 100mg from Walgreens. Yesterday, Walgreens pharmacy called me to see how I was doing on that drug.

They've never called before, that was weird

Latest posts

Back