Do I dare to dream?

Because it looks normal and doctors can replace one. I mean, I don't need my nipples, but I'd rather have them than not. So why not?
Some docs charge extra to give you a BB and the results you get may be sort of alien looking.... Not quite human. And if they preserve the BB, you can end up with an awkward looking fugly bit and you can almost bet it will end up off center due to contractures while you are healing. And it is a whole other surgical site that can get infected and even if your hygiene is good, the belly button is a dirty place.

The BB is not a big loss. Even after plastics, most of us are not going to be centerfolds or run around in bikinis. We just want to look normal in clothes and fit better in them without rolling up and stuffing extra skin in our jeans! And WE can't run around without a top on like you can.

I look a hot mess where I had my appronectomy but Im so glad that hanging dead weight is gone! I was never going to win swimsuit model of the year anyhow. I also gave up my belly button....I was VERY clear I would rather have more tissue gone and less wound to heal (Thank goodness I opted out!) than have a fake belly button. It's weird, cos in the shower, my belly button feel gooey...you know...fat girl gooey lol. It's not there!!! It phantom belly button goo! So weird!

Anyhow, I have a huge square of biomesh in my abdomen where Ernie was and I have had no issues. I have no experience of normal mesh but the reason biomesh was chosen (rare on NHS!) was that Ernie was bloody huge and needed to be contained. I wore my abdominal binders for 5 months and again for a couple of weeks when I got ill and was coughing up a lung. I don't want to take any chances to invite Ernie back into my life.

I hope it all goes well for you!

So you just gave me another thing to think about. Because it's so hot here, I should probably have the surgery done right at the end of the hot weather. I would hate to have to wear a binder when it's 110 degrees. And there's no way to just not sweat so it would be easier to keep the wound clean in cooler weather too!

So you just gave me another thing to think about. Because it's so hot here, I should probably have the surgery done right at the end of the hot weather. I would hate to have to wear a binder when it's 110 degrees. And there's no way to just not sweat so it would be easier to keep the wound clean in cooler weather too!

ABSOLUTELY!!!! I had mine early August and whilst it doesn't get hot (by my cali standards lol) here in the UK, the humidity is off the charts. I was a sweaty, slimy mess.....and because it all went tits up, I couldn't shower every day either. Total nightmare! So yes, cooler weather is a must for binderage :)

I didn't really want a new bellybutton because from an appearance perspective, I don't find bellybuttons attractive and wasn't convinced that it was worth the pain of the additional flesh wound and stitches and possibility of infection as it healed. Now that I have a new one that is probably an inch and a half to the left of center, I find it an annoying defect...

Mine is also weird and off-center. The DS incision was on a slight angle and the PS used that scar as his "center line." And, I can't feel it.

I guess I could use my Water Pik to clean it out now and then...lol

Mine is also weird and off-center. The DS incision was on a slight angle and the PS used that scar as his "center line." And, I can't feel it.

I guess I could use my Water Pik to clean it out now and then...lol

Ha! I thought I was the only one that had a sensational yet sensation-less, crooked BB. Nice to know I'm not alone! Beware - that lack of sensation resulted in a nasty burn for me once.

Dr. K told me in order to get insurance approval never refer to the surgery as a panni., plastic surgery or an abdominalplasty. He stated he will be doing a complete separation in order to repair my hernia. I said what's the difference? what I got out of it is that insurance will pay for one and not the other. lol

maybe I'll get a BB this time. it's been 17 years without the lint holder so if I don't I won't miss it.

Dr. K told me in order to get insurance approval never refer to the surgery as a panni., plastic surgery or an abdominalplasty. He stated he will be doing a complete separation in order to repair my hernia. I said what's the difference? what I got out of it is that insurance will pay for one and not the other. lol

maybe I'll get a BB this time. it's been 17 years without the lint holder so if I don't I won't miss it.

Now I am confused. What's the right thing to call it to get insurance to pay?????

I was actually going to have component separation to repair my big ventral hernia but insurance still wasn't gong to recover removal of the panni because honestly I don't have much of a panni so it was causing a rash that wasn't treatable to insurance told me to pound sand. I only wanted it to get rid of the skin on my pubic bone and I was hoping I could my saggy old man scrotum cinched up as well....no dice..

When Dr K saw me before surgery he felt it would be better to do an internal lap repair with mesh and BTW, it was going to be the same mesh whether it was comp sep or internal lap repair. I have had no issue with that mesh in my gut (8 x 11 hunk) other than it hurt like a mother trucker after surgery as it is basically riveted into my abdominal wall with plastic rivets. A month later I had a double inguinal repair with mesh.. So far I haven't had any issues with either mesh and hope it stays that way.

Best of luck on getting this covered munchkin. Hopefully you are able to demonstrate medical necessity for chopping off of the panni and that would be basically hanging pass your lady to the south and or having a recurrent rash that is not eliminated with medication.

Hay @Charris I haven't heard from you in ages. How are you doing? I am hoping you are doing better! You are due some good fortune.

Hay @Charris I haven't heard from you in ages. How are you doing? I am hoping you are doing better! You are due some good fortune.
I am better but I see you still struggle You have been through just as much if not more than I have. It has to get better hang in there!

I am better but I see you still struggle You have been through just as much if not more than I have. It has to get better hang in there!
Hi and nice hear from you Clarissa. Actually check my latest post that i started because I am actually doing much better the last few weeks and since the end of January when I was inpatient at Mayo for 3 days I have actually gained 13-15 lbs. I am hovering around 180 and my strength is back to the point where I am actually resuming my job search.

I think I finally recovered from my three surgeries in the last 11 months and I am finally absorbing better.

I hope you continue to do better and that all is well with Toot and the rest of the family.

yup that's what is is! Listen to what Diana and Scott said Munchkin. I don't know why I have complete engraved in my mind. I remember Scott was supposed to get one but he didn't end up getting it.

Latest posts

Back