Diagnosing and Treating Vitamin B12 Deficiency

holy moly! wonder how many people end up in the nursing home and it was just never diagnosed correctly.

where did you find this, Liz?

FYI - I can post while I am watching it (not in a separate window) - huh!

Yup...and for a few minutes there, I thought the fact that my B-12 was within range cleared me. Shit.

I had heard of folic acid masking B12 deficiency, but did not know about nitrous oxide. Very interesting video... and alarming!

@kirmy

Just wondering if you've checked your-own-damn-self on these things...on account of you are crazy and grumpy and have other stuff and you are probably too busy fixing everyone else to think about you.

Vitalady had us taking folic acid, do you think this is still in the right proportions to the B12? How about if we take PPI's too? Some things to think about. Thanks @SHales and Liz for posting.

Vitalady had us taking folic acid, do you think this is still in the right proportions to the B12? How about if we take PPI's too? Some things to think about. Thanks @SHales and Liz for posting.

I think we still need to take what we need to take but be aware of the affect they may have on your B12. I experienced foot drop with a level of a little over 600, almost the middle of the lab parameters. I knew what it was but the Dr pooh-poohed the idea. I now try to keep my B12 over 1500 all the time.

H
@kirmy

Just wondering if you've checked your-own-damn-self on these things...on account of you are crazy and grumpy and have other stuff and you are probably too busy fixing everyone else to think about you.
mmmmmmmmm you may be onto something. My B12 has always tested off the scale but that brings up potential new avenues.

Don't rule out that I'm also an arsehole too.

I know a normie who has foot drop and says her B12 is "fine" - what should I ask/tell her? I am going to go share the video on her FB page but who knows if she will watch it.

I found this fascinating! I just recently had low B12 with numbness and tingling in my face, after watching this I'm looking at my son...his autism, with fatigue. Setting him up with his dr to test his vitamin levels this week!

I know a normie who has foot drop and says her B12 is "fine" - what should I ask/tell her? I am going to go share the video on her FB page but who knows if she will watch it.
IF she brings the foot drop up, mention that you saw a news story about low B12...and ask her if her value is above 800?

I'd be tempted to have it saved in my videos so she could see it right then.

I wonder if this is what is effecting my hand? I was shown to be low on folic acid pre op and was/am on folate....so mmmmm. I will bring it up to my GP at my next appointment.

Latest posts

Back