Crab Bisque, perfected!

Sheanie

So a restaurant closed that had Tommys Sweet Pepper Crab Soup. I have been mourning this loss like I mourned Bill Knapps closing. It was a horrific loss.

I perfected the recipe just now! I used one plastic "can" of crab, $12.99. I started with saute-ing 2T celery in 2 T butter until soft. Put in a quarter cup white wine, then added HWC, 3 cups. Singed black the skin of one red pepper, then peeled, seeded and finely chopped it. Added that to pot, along with garlic powder and 2 scoops Unjury Chicken Soup. Cooked that for about 45 minutes on very low. Pureed it after it cooled down. Then added in the crab, with the liquid.

This soup is exactly the same as Tommy V's served. I am beside myself in a culinary orgasmic kind of way.

And you know, I never use the Unjury unless I am sick, or in too much pain to cook.

I hope somebody enjoys this!

Last edited:
Sounded great until you added the protein powder.... To me that crap ruins everything it touches but I love crab bisque.

Sounded great until you added the protein powder.... To me that crap ruins everything it touches but I love crab bisque.
Yeah, I am super picky about that. I only tolerate 3 kinds, Unjury chicken, ON double chocolate, and Isopure RTD grape. Since my protein labs are chronically low and my sleeve is problematic, I am stuck.

I'm glad you were able to make something you like. I thought unjury was nasty but different strokes!

Latest posts

Back