conceit--update

tenor.gif

for some good news... saw my first ever fasting blood sugar in the 90s, since diagnosis. it was usually between 100 and 110 after going low carb, which was down from the 148 or whatever at diagnosis.

post meal numbers are between 101 and 118/120. i try to not go over 120 after meals. a few points above 120 an hour after a meal is fine, but i like it to go down by 2 hours. 120 two hours pp is definitely a limit i do my best not to cross. i've had some unexpected highs after i got steroids for a scar and got on birth control to regulate my cycle. it took two days for my BG to go back to my new normal ranges after the steroid injection, but BG didn't exceed 8.2 even after meals (ironically this is lower than my fasting BG at diagnosis). FBG was up to 7.5 the next day but came down to 6.7 and then went lower down.

hoping to get my body healthy and fit for the DS. still super fatigued though after the anemia, doing leslie sansone's 3 mile walk videos daily and doing light stretching daily. i am nowhere near lifting weights or doing my Insanity workouts (yes we fatties can do insanity!:D) but do want to do some activity daily.

Last edited:
good news..reports are in..

a1c -4.9 could be a tiny bit artificially lowered because of blood loss, but my meter average corresponds to 5.3% which is great for a start (down from 7.1)
fasting blood sugar (5.4 - down from 8 something)
ldl- 3.0 (down from borderline high)
hdl- a tad lower than it was, likely because i haven't been as active bc of anemia
hb- 10.4 (needs to go up for sure)
liver, kidney function- normal
uric acid slightly elevated but nothing serious.

this took a lot of work, despite the many setbacks and health issues that came up..i am glad i've made progress.

Last edited:
Just wanted to update you guys..
it's been 9 months since my t2d diagnosis. I have maintained an A1c between 4.9 and 5.0. I have been so very disciplined. I am trying so hard to keep my numbers in the non diabetic range especially before surgery. Getting some more testing done because of the shortness of breath. I should be good to go for surgery if all goes well there.

The beta blocker I am on to lower my heart rate has raised my blood sugar a bit (about 10 points..which really isn't much though I tend to prefer strict control so it was annoying at first). My pp blood sugar can take an extra hour to drop back down to fasting levels. But an A1C of 5 is very good. Fat t2ds are so wrongly blamed for being fat and for being t2, for being lazy and unmotivated. It's isolating being t2d at 30. But so far, I am doing all right. :) I have been tracking my protein intake and am consuming between 70-80 grams of protein right now, so adding a protein shake will bring me very close to post DS eating. It feels good to know that I'll be able to manage that without making too many changes to my current diet, although I am excited I'll be able to eat a few nachos or whatever here and there without having to test BG. It'll give me more freedom and hopefully a long...long remission. <3

Thank you friends for being there for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back