Cheese dips - what do you like?

catecholamine

Resident Nerd
I had a $25 off $50 coupon for Kroger, so I picked up some DS-friendly food that I hadn't tried yet. I was browsing and saw some cheese dip like the kind in mexican restaurants. I accidentally picked up the hot instead of medium, but it's still delicious (as long as I don't end up with explosive diarrhea - we shall see). I had it with some crispy microwaved pepperoni instead of tortilla chips. I think it will be amazing over eggs, or even better with shredded beef and sour cream.
What's your favorite sort of cheese dip? Or for that matter, universal cheese you use on things the most?
I need easy, tasty DS foods to keep me on track.

Here's a little pic of the dip and some in a bowl.

BGUpmoe.jpg

It's got 1 carb, 4g protein per 2 tblspns

Made my own queso blanco from deli white american cheese, heavy whipping cream, and a tablespoon of finely diced canned jalepeno pepper. Turned out better than the restaurant kind, warmed up in a saucepan. I ate it with fried crumbled chorizo and a spoon, so soup, I guess. Rest of the family ate it over quesadillas I made with bacon, mushrooms, cheese and smoked turkey.

I also make my own alfredo sauce and then add chunks of snow crab (you can use the fake stuff) or cut up bacon, or anything else you want to stir in, eaten as soup. I use heavy whipping cream, really good quality parmesan cheese, finely diced garlic, and sometimes red pepper, diced. You could get fancy and add cilantro, or just about anything. Or you could pour it over chicken divan, the possibilities are endless.

Made my own queso blanco from deli white american cheese, heavy whipping cream, and a tablespoon of finely diced canned jalepeno pepper. .
I saw that recipe online, but couldn't find any white american cheese. My poor, sheltered little town....
But it is so, so tasty.

I saw that recipe online, but couldn't find any white american cheese. My poor, sheltered little town....
But it is so, so tasty.
That makes zero sense. Kroger is the nicest grocery store I've ever been in, if you have a Kroger your town is not that small or sheltered, you get American cheese in the deli section, the color doesn't matter.

That makes zero sense. Kroger is the nicest grocery store I've ever been in, if you have a Kroger your town is not that small or sheltered, you get American cheese in the deli section, the color doesn't matter.
I know you can get regular american cheese, but mine doesn't stock the white kind. I assume it tastes different. Doesn't it?

Latest posts

Back