Carbonated Drinks

When I was young we didn't usually have sodas at home. We always had a pitcher of sweet tea and luckily with Splenda I can't taste the difference. As an adult I never drank diet soda, I always drank regular soda. I don't want to even try regular soda again. It has so many sugars and carbs plus I am afraid I will still like it.

I started drinking pepsi max fairly soon after my sleeve....like 2 months....but it had to be flat flat flat and it was frustrating because I couldn't burp like I could preop (yes Im a classy lass!) and since my ds I can't stand the taste of pepsi max but Im all about dr pepper zero! I'm coming up on 4 years post sleeve...my whole surgical team know what I am like and they are happy as long as 1) its calorie free and 2) most importantly I still drink WATER :)

I love my diet dew. I've been trying to cut back already even though surgery won't be for a few months at least. It's damn hard !! Only thing that will be harder is the 2 week liquid diet - yuck.

I had carbonation several months- maybe 4-6 post sleeve?.. no issues, I burp.. I cannot chug- but wasn't a gulper before anyway.
I do love flavored fizzy waters (mineral/seltzer- not flavored/sweetened.) I drink those a LOT in the warmer months, we go through cases.. Diet sodas like Diet Coke, I only use as mixers when I have an adult beverage.. Just not fond of the fake over-sweet flavor. I never was a big soda drinker, either diet or regular. For the amount of times I actually have one, I've thought of just enjoying the real deal.

Umm, never would be my answer. Had my last one Jan 2012. I have had a sip here/there since then but don't really care for the feeling it gives me and I don't miss them so I just stay away.

@Elizabeth N. ,not sure what about my post constitutes being called a troll? I was simply stating my opinion to the original poster, albiet different from most of the other replies. But perhaps, that is the reason, opinions that don't agree with the majority aren't welcome? I didn't degrade her for asking or judge anyone for their choices but I also can't say I support them. To me, someone who is barely out of surgery and already asking about soda should be discouraged from going back to the bad habits and unhealthy eating choices that most likely landed us all in this situation in the first place. I don't claim to be the WLS expert or demi-god, as some of you seem to be, but I didn't have my guts altered so that I could continue to do what I had always done. I did it so I could get healthy and make better choices for myself. I'm certainly not perfect and never claimed to be but I make a choice everyday to make the most of the tools I have. Most days I choose to not eat things that I know are not the best for me but occasionally I say WTF and have what I want. I don't think anyone can disagree that real soda should be avoided as it is nothing but empty calories and diet soda is nothing but chemicals and there is lots of research to suggest that the artificial sweeteners in it contribute to the issues of obesity.

Funny thing is I hesitated to even offer an original opinion on this or any other post I saw because it seems as I read through the threads, anyone who doesn't subscribe the the majority viewpoint is blasted.

I have yet to see "friendly and comfortable discussion environment" the moderators purport to provide here. I'm trying to resist taking the bait and being goaded into a fight but you seem to want to persist with the name calling when I have done nothing to warrant it. If you want to label someone, perhaps you should try on Bully for size - I think you find it fits nicely!

Congratulations @JoAnn on finding another place to troll.

since she is doing what we asked her to do, posting stuff besides the surgeon review, this seems like the wrong thread to call her names.

not sure what, if anything, to do about it so I'm going to have more coffee and think about it.

I'm not going to do anything about it. as a moderator, I've decided not to do anything.

as a poster, I think you two should just ignore each other rather than snarking back & forth but whatever.

free speech, man.

and JoAnn?

you post a big old wall o text and folks are going to skim or just skip it.

2004-07-29-free_speech_zone.jpg

What the fuck...necroposting to encourage negativity? Well, here you go:

@Tiffani @JoAnn

We know you are here to drum up business for your surgeon. We know you have you own webpage where you all praise his skills. (And if he has allowed you two to be his PR firm, it says a LOT about his judgement....barf!). We see that you just can't help but visit here as a team.

Ya know...just go the hell away with your traveling Snake Oil Show.

And Jackie...I thought I had at least one of these bimbos blocked. I will AGAIN block them. Will this make them evaporate?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back